The 90 best quotes about forbidden love
Thought-provoking, inspiring and interesting reflections and quotes about forbidden love.
Almost all people wish to give and receive love in their life. But not in all occasions love can be lived in such a simple way; some people must hide in order to have their particular relationship, or see how their material circumstances make it very difficult to live together as a couple with the loved one.
For this reason, in the following lines we will a review of the best phrases about forbidden lovecommenting them briefly.
The most memorable phrases of forbidden love
This is a compilation of thought-provoking reflections and phrases about forbidden love.
1. Our lips will keep the secret of this forbidden love.
The essence of living a love that cannot fully materialize.
2. There is a maxim about the universe that I always tell my students: what is explicitly forbidden is guaranteed to happen. (Lawrence M. Krauss)
The forbidden is always tempting.
3. With you I dream of doing millions of things I don't want to do with anyone else....
There will always be that special person with whom we want to experiment.
4. The lawful is not pleasing to me; the forbidden excites my desire. (Otto Wagner)
We have a natural tendency to seek the most hidden things.
5. Love brings two maximum adversities of opposite sign: to love those who do not love us and to be loved by those we cannot love.
Unrequited love is an important source of discomfort.
6. In the eyes of a terrestrial being, the sea always seems imposing and forbidden, beautiful and dangerous. (Yann Martel)
A metaphor about what we feel in the face of those loves that seem forbidden.
7. No one has dominion over love, but love dominates all things.
Everyone is master of his feelings.
8. The forbidden is much more desirable. (Dochanlu)
The charm of what should not be done.
9. An impossible love is the one that breaks your Heart and is the thing that makes it difficult for you to forget that situation until you become addicted to it.
There is a certain obsession in forbidden loves.
10. We always strive for what is forbidden, and covet what is denied us. (Ovid)
A weakness of human nature.
11. There is nothing more painful than a love that cannot be given or enjoyed because we must endure the pain and go forward in the hope of a future, to be able to find each other.
Love should not be hidden.
12. Only forbidden pleasures are immoderately loved; when they are lawful, they do not excite desire. (Quintilian)
An explanation of why we are inclined to illicit passions.
13. Enough of playing hide and seek, I can't carry on our love without you making me feel special.
Love can never stay silent for long.
14. Offering friendship to those who ask for love is like offering bread to those who are dying of thirst. (Gabriel García Márquez)
We must be clear with what we feel.
15. A broken heart hurts a lot, but it hurts more not to live in love.
It may seem exciting at first, but later it is exhausting.
16. Forbid us something, and that will be what we will want most. (Geoffrey Chaucer)
A very peculiar human inclination.
17. There are soul mates, perhaps they will never sleep together, yet they will always dream of each other.
The sad fate of two beings who cannot be together.
18. I love you love, even against my will, I love you with love that camouflages itself in friendship.
When we cannot express our feelings, it consumes us inside.
19. It is forbidden to complain about everything without proposing anything. (Martha Rocio)
Even for love, solutions to the problems that arise are needed.
20. I love those who yearn for the impossible.
There are limits that we can break.
21. A vice is a forbidden pleasure, the conscience is in charge of dictating its end. (Luciano Garófalo)
There are loves that can become a dangerous vice.
22. Hidden love is the most beautiful of all.
Do you agree with this?
23. Suffering for a forbidden love fills you with despair, not being able to find a solution for the heart. (Emily Tovar)
This is what eventually happens in a hidden relationship.
24. We are impossible, but here we are, being impossible together and leaving the possible for another day.
If you are both committed to the relationship, anything is possible.
25. It is easier to look good as a lover than as a husband; for it is easier to be opportune and witty now and then than every day. (Honoré de Balzac)
On the "benefits" of being a lover.
26. Our love is like the drizzle that falls quietly (silently), but overflows the river.
All that is hidden always comes to light.
27. There is nothing more interesting than the conversation of two lovers who remain silent.
A personal chemistry.
28. Impossible loves, I am very afraid, can become an addiction.
This is the direction they tend to take.
29. Men are fantasists always want what is forbidden: freedom, for example. (Carlos Cañas)
A phrase that can also be used for love. For it is always tempting to have or to be a lover.
30. Difficult love is the most lasting of all, the one that hurts the most and the one we feel most strongly in our hearts.
Unpermitted relationships have a fire that will not be extinguished.
31. And for lovers their desperate love may be a crime... but never a sin.
What makes loving so dark?
32. If our destiny was not to be together, I thank you for giving me a bit of your life.
There are relationships that are not lasting but they leave us valuable lessons.
33. In my house there is nothing forbidden, but don't fall in love. (Joaquin Sabina)
It is very common that during youth, love is not seen as something beneficial.
34. We are like a lake and the sea, never destined to be together.
A sample of the difficulty of an impossible love.
35. The more forbidden things are, the more popular they become. (Mark Twain)
This is especially charming for young people.
36. You pretend you don't care, but it's actually killing you inside.
The sad reality of a secret love.
37. Someone once said a very true phrase, he said that love brings happiness even when it does not exist in him.
It is important to be aware that not all love is positive.
38. It is necessary to know that there is no country on earth where love has not turned lovers into poets. (Voltaire)
Love is an inexhaustible source of inspiration.
39. Romance phrases are the most inspiring and full of feelings that you can find. How can they not be? Because it moves the universe to be possible.
The reason why love is so motivating.
40. There is a charm about the forbidden that makes it indescribably desirable. (Mark Twain)
Have you ever been tempted by something forbidden?
41. It is not enough to dream of impossible love, it is necessary to conquer it as well.
To show love, actions are necessary.
42. Sin is not harmful because it is forbidden, but it is forbidden because it is harmful. (Benjamin Franklin)
Perhaps, many hidden loves are so because they bring no good.
43. I cannot shake off this feeling. I am happy being her friend, I wish her happiness, but the desire to kiss her doesn't go away. We would be perfect together.
A very common scenario. Where friendship becomes impossible love.
44. Lovers, madmen. (Plautus)
Could it be that secret lovers are mad?
45. Who loves, believes in the impossible.
Love gives you an impulse that no one can stop.
46. There exists between us something better than love: a complicity. (Marguerite Yourcenar)
Intimacy is not only about sex, but about trust and security.
47. For the love of a rose, the gardener is the servant of a thousand thorns.
A very poetic phrase about risking everything in love.
48. Forbidden fruit always tastes better. (Swedish proverb)
Well they compare love to an apple.
49. Every lover is a soldier at war.
Especially if he cannot show his feelings.
50. My lips deny it but my eyes give me away.
Feelings arise in one way or another.
51. The man who has to beg for love is the most miserable of all beggars.
Love should never be begged for.
52. We are like day and night: always near and never together.
A comparison that perfectly describes the state of a forbidden love.
53. Only you and I know what happened, and what is still happening.
Lovers who become accomplices.
54. Only the miserable like me, struggle and succumb to the beauty of the forbidden. (Jorge Melendez)
Many people are not able to resist temptation.
55. My love, you say that there is no love unless it lasts forever. Nonsense, there are episodes much better than the whole play.
There are short romances that are very passionate.
56. Perhaps we go to the forbidden door or window willingly, because we understand that the time comes when we must go, whether we want to or not... and not just to look, but to be pushed. (Stephen King)
Is this what attracts us to the forbidden?
57. Although we love each other secretly, I know it's true love, because when I'm with you everything else ceases to exist.
All romances have the right to live their love.
58. Having something forbidden is exciting, don't you think so? (Allan Dare Pearcy)
Have you experienced a forbidden romance?
59. In an impossible love everyone is the enemy and the two lovers are alone against the tide.
A secret romance is a field of war.
60. A forbidden love is to desire with the soul what life once denied us. (Luis Gabriel Carrillo Navas)
A phrase that shows us why we cling to forbidden passions.
61. What was so worthwhile about it? They said it was forbidden.
Will the forbidden really be worth it?
62. We walked without looking for each other, but knowing that we were walking to find each other. (Julio Cortázar)
A reflection about loves that seem predestined.
63. Even if it is impossible, give me one last first kiss.
The anguish of not getting the love you desire.
64. Here's to what you and I know, and the others can't even imagine.
It is necessary to have strength to overcome something hidden.
65. Forbidden love is worse than the promised hell.
A reference to the despair and suffering that is experienced.
66. Sometimes the most intense love is hidden behind the deepest silence.
Silences can hide great things.
67. We can control the mind, but not the heart.
Many times the heart rebels.
68. Forbidden things have a secret charm. (Publius Cornelius Tacitus)
Everyone has an almost irresistible temptation.
69. My real dream will begin the day I see you wake up next to me.
A wait that one is not sure will end.
70. One should never forbid that which one lacks the power to prevent. (Napoleon Bonaparte)
Love sometimes escapes from our hands.
71. I fell in love with you as the sun fell in love with the moon, even though I knew they could never be together.
The sun and the moon are always referred to as a metaphor for forbidden love.
72. The thing is, it's hard to let fairy tales go away; almost everyone has a sliver of hope left that one day they'll open their eyes and see that they've come true. (Grey's Anatomy)
Hope remains at all times in hidden loves.
73. The secret of this love is that it is secret.
A paradoxical reality.
74. You are the forbidden love that I will take to my grave, my most beautiful memory. (Danns Vega)
Loves that have an incalculable impact.
75. Love should be forbidden because it is a drug that is hard to get rid of.
To love is an addiction.
76. My eyes have been tempted by the smile of an angel, and your lips whisper the secrets of forbidden love. (Natasha Harvey)
When you fall, it's hard to get out of the spell.
77. There are loves that can only live in our heart, not in our life.
They are loves that are engraved in fire, because there will always be the question of what would have happened if...?
78. I generally avoid temptation, unless I can't resist it. (Mae West)
It is possible to resist temptation, even if it costs us.
79. Forbidden love is the most sought-after and dangerous drug there is.
A drug for which many are willing to pay.
80. No one belongs to us. Therefore, we must enjoy when we can, and learn to let go when we must.
There are loves that are necessary to leave behind.
81. I always knew you were a forbidden love, but the few times I had you by my side I was completely happy.
An ephemeral happiness.
82. Nothing in this filthy life is worth two pennies if you don't have someone to share it with. (Carlos Ruiz Zafón)
Every person in the world needs to have someone to share life with.
83. I fell in love with someone I was not expecting and was not looking for. From that moment I learned that love is not chosen, it chooses us.
Many people have the feeling of not being able to avoid loving someone, even if it doesn't suit them.
84. The most complicated thing about unrequited love is to accept it; while the most difficult thing about falling out of love is to survive it. (George Pellicer)
The difficulties of loving.
85. A complicated love attracts you and consumes you in the flames of infinite desire to be in the arms of the loved one.
There are relationships that consume you instead of feeding you.
86. I love you as certain dark things are loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul. (Pablo Neruda)
When love is restrained, it is felt more strongly.
87. I kiss you in my dreams, I hug you in the distance, I think of you daily, I love you in silence, and I miss you all the time....
The inevitable distance that is at all times in a forbidden relationship.
88. Forbidden... Forbidden. (André Breton)
The rebelliousness of wanting to love.
89. And so the sun loved the moon, even when the earth stood between them.
If love is true, it will find its way out.
90. My last conscious thought was my biggest mistake. It was not directed at the boy next to me, but the one I could never have. (Jennifer L. Armentrout)
There is a certain regret in not having been able to live that love story with the one you once loved.