Modafinil vs Piracetam comparison
Modafinil is a formulation developed to cope with unbearable sleepiness due to narcolepsy. Besides, it is also used for other conditions related to significant daytime sleepiness. These uses are approved but people also use it for non-prescribed uses – for sleepiness not related to any health conditions, to enhance brain capacity and productivity.
Piracetam is a nootropic, a cognitive-function enhancer that is used in many conditions in which cognitive functions are impaired such as after a stroke, concussion, and so on. Sometimes it is used off-label to improve memory and focus by healthy individuals.
Comparison of Modafinil vs Piracetam
Precautions for Modafinil use
- The medication lowers hormonal birth control means efficacy so women who take the stimulant should consider other contraception methods.
- The pills should be taken only in the first half of the day to avoid adverse effects.
- The medication has a low abuse and dependence potential but it still must be cautiously prescribed to people with history of any substance abuse or addiction.
- During the first weeks of use, it is advised to render caution when driving or operating machinery as the medication can potentially like any other CNS stimulant can interfere with speed of reaction.
Precautions for Piracetam use
- During the first weeks of use, it is advised to render caution when driving or operating machinery as the medication can potentially like any other medication that influences CNS can interfere with speed of reaction.
- Piracetam reduces platelet aggregation, so it must be cautiously used by people with impaired hemostasis, with symptoms of severe bleeding or conditions that may be accompanied by bleeding (for example, an ulcer of the gastrointestinal tract); severely impaired liver function; hemorrhagic stroke in the anamnesis; people who use anticoagulants, platelet antiplatelet agents, including low doses of acetylsalicylic acid; during major surgeries, dental interventions.
- Individuals prone to neurotic reactions should take into account that in the prolonged the drug use causes an increase in anxiety, which can lead to sleep disturbances (mainly insomnia) and a mediated decrease in intellectual functions due to deterioration of concentration.
- Piracetam is excreted by the kidneys, it is therefore necessary to pay special attention to patients with impaired renal function and elderly patients. Elderly patients may experience exacerbation of coronary insufficiency (the dose should be reduced or the drug withdrawn). Most often, adverse reactions occur in patients of the geriatric group who receive a daily dose above 2400 mg. With prolonged use of the drug in such patients (especially with chronic renal failure), regular monitoring of renal function is recommended, and if necessary, adjust the dose depending on the values of creatinine clearance.
Interactions of Modafinil
- The medication minimizes the effect of birth control pills, patches, and other means with the action based on hormones. Additional contraception is required when using Modafinil.
- The medication promotes faster excretion of cyclosporine and the dosage adjustment of the latter should be made.
- Modafinil increases the concentration of Phenytoin, diazepam, Propranolol, Omeprazole, Clomipramine and some other medicines metabolized by the CYP2C19 enzyme.
Interactions of Piracetam
- Piracetam enhances the effect of psychostimulants, indirect anticoagulants, central effects of thyroid hormones (tremor, anxiety, irritability, sleep disturbance, confusion). - In combination with neuroleptics reduces the severity of extrapyramidal disorders.
Modafinil is considered a safer option and although its effectiveness in cognitive functions enhancement isn’t proven by research, people who use it believe that it not only promotes wakefulness but also improves memory, focus, reaction time, mood, and productivity. You can buy Modafinil pills from our website without Rx at an attractive price.
Modafinil vs Piracetam comparison similar articles:
Some of the trademarks used in this Web Site appear for identification purposes only.
All orders are reviewed by a licensed physician and pharmacist before being dispensed and shipped.
The statements contained herein are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. The statements are for informational purposes only and is it not meant to replace the services or recommendations of a physician or qualified health care practitioner. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.
Buy Online Generic Drug on our Reputable Pharmacy.