(Updated at Mar 22 / 2023)
What is better: Modafinil or Adderall?
Modafinil is a new generation wakefulness-promoting agent developed for narcolepsy management and used also off-label for the enhancement of cognitive functions, to promote wakefulness and vigilance in healthy people, help people with impaired cognitive functions due to brain injury, chemotherapy, or mental disorders such as depression. The medication is safe to use and doesn’t cause dependence.
Adderall is a medicinal compound made of two amphetamine salts, 75% salts of dextroamphetamine and 25% of salts of levoamphetamine, and is a derivative of phenylethylamine. Adderall is used in a number of countries for the treatment of ADHD and narcolepsy, however, it is often used illegally to stimulate mental activity, as a drug for doping, an aphrodisiac, as a means for losing weight, and also for the purpose of getting euphoria through drug intoxication.
Precautions for Adderall use
- The use of Adderall can cause insomnia if used in the afternoon.
- Individuals who have predisposition to allergy should be careful using Adderall as the medication is associated with frequent allergic responses.
- The addiction to the medication is highly probable in the use of increased dosages. The more frequently the high doses are used, the higher dosage is needed for the desired effect.
- The use of Adderall can cause dizziness so it is advised to refrain from driving or operating any heavy machinery when using the drug.
- If you are going to have a surgical or dental treatment, inform your surgeon or dentist about the medications you use.
- The medication must be cautiously used in children as it can cause more severe adverse reactions and even slow down a child's growth. Get the medication for your kid only if a pediatrician prescribes it.
Precautions for Modafinil use
- The pills of Modafinil must be taken only in the in the first half of the day or they can cause insomnia;
- The medication affects the effect of oral birth control so to avoid pregnancy it is advised to use barrier contraception.
- The medication can cause negative heart symptoms in people with severe heart diseases so it must be used cautiously and only upon a doctor’s approval.
Interactions of Adderall
- It is contraindicated to take Adderall with MAO inhibitors as it can cause severe, possibly fatal, adverse reactions. Besides, the use f MAO inhibitors must be stopped several weeks before taking Adderall.
- The medication can have a negative effect on blood pressure and the heart when combined with other substances that elevate the blood tension such as caffeine, illicit drugs, cough-and-cold products or weight loss medications.
- The medication is contraindicated to be taken with any medications that cause the raise of serotonin level as it can cause serotonin toxicity syndrome. These medications include serotonin-reuptake inhibitors, serotonin–norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors illicit drugs such as ecstasy, and others.
If you plan to start taking Adderall when using any medications, including non-prescription or herbal drugs, consult your doctor first.
Interactions of Modafinil
- The medication promotes the action of CYP3A4 enzyme so it can accelerate the faster wear out of effect and washing out of certain medications such as opioids and other medicines metabolized with the enzyme participation.
- It is highly not advised to use the medication along with other stimulants of the brain activity or central nervous system stimulants as the accumulated effect can result in enhanced adverse reactions.
If you plan to buy Modafinil while you already take any medications, consult your doctor first.
Modafinil is a new generation wakefulness-promoting drug that has only the positive effects typical for amphetamines but lacks their negative effects. If you want to get a safe and effective wakefulness-promoting medication and a cognitive function enhancer, you should definitely buy Modafinil rather than Adderall.
What is better: Modafinil or Adderall? similar articles:
Some of the trademarks used in this Web Site appear for identification purposes only.
All orders are reviewed by a licensed physician and pharmacist before being dispensed and shipped.
The statements contained herein are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. The statements are for informational purposes only and is it not meant to replace the services or recommendations of a physician or qualified health care practitioner. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.