What is better Modafinil vs Bupropion?
Modafinil is a special formulation that promotes wakefulness through the prevention of dopamine recapture by the synaptic cleft. This contributes to the higher energy, alertness, fast thinking, reaction time, and the overall improvement of cognitive functions. The medication’s first aim is to manage abnormal sleepiness in individuals who suffer from narcolepsy, a congestive disorder that impairs sleep-wake cycles regulation in the brain. However, the pills are used also off-label, i.e. not only for narcolepsy but other diseases, disorders, or circumstances when excessive sleepiness occurs.
Bupropion is an atypical antidepressive formulation that is primarily indicated for depression associated with loss of productivity and fatigue. It is also used as an aid to quit smoking as it suppresses the nicotine receptors. The main pharmacological property of the formulation is a selective inhibition of recapture of noradrenaline and dopamine in the synaptic cleft. Bupropion is included in the class of analeptics and is similar in structure to the stimulants methcathinone, diethylpropion, and with other amphetamines. It has a brain stimulating, and energizing effects which are beneficial in therapy of depression associated with hypersomnia, motor inhibition, apathy, and so on.
Comparison of Modafinil vs Bupropion
Both medications have similar brain stimulating and wakefulness-promoting effects. You can find out about their differences from the table below.
Interactions of Modafinil
- When Modafinil is used with hormonal birth control pills, the effectiveness of the latter is significantly negatively affected so the use of spermicides or condoms is recommended instead.
- Modafinil potentiates the effect of CYP3A4 enzyme which promotes the faster excretion of certain medications including birth control pills, opioids, and others.
- It is highly not recommended to use the medication with any other central nervous system stimulants or drugs that elevate the arterial tension.
Interactions of Bupropion
- Bupropion is prohibited to be taken with MAO inhibitors and Levodopa.
- The adverse effects of the formulation can be enhanced by the combined use with Paroxetine, sertraline, Fluoxetine, diazepam, Clopidogrel, and Orphenadrine.
-The lowering of Bupropion effect can occur in Carbamazepine, clotrimazole, Rifampicin, Ritonavir, St. John's wort, and other formulations that activate CYP2B6 enzyme.
- Bupropion elevates seizure activity, so it highly not encouraged to combine its use with other medicines with the same effect or maximum caution is needed when the antidepressant is used simultaneously with antipsychotics, Theophylline, steroids and some tricyclic antidepressants.
- Using the antidepressant with nicotine replacement therapy may lead to a raise in arterial tension. Besides, the combination of such medicines doesn’t have a mutually enhancing effect on smoking craving cessation so it’s not advised to combine the drugs.
- It is not recommended to combine the use of the formulation with alcohol as it can lower an individual’s tolerance of alcohol and also alcohol lowers the seizure threshold.
- The use of the formulation with stimulants, including illicit drugs such as cocaine can cause seizures.
From out guide you can see that both medications have positive effects but Modafinil is a better option for the promotion of wakefulness and cognitive functions enhancement as it is designed specifically for these purposes, have fewer adverse effects, and basically do not interact with other medicines. You can buy Modafinil pills at our drugstore with a discount and get free shipping on orders over $170.
What is better Modafinil vs Bupropion? similar articles:
Some of the trademarks used in this Web Site appear for identification purposes only.
All orders are reviewed by a licensed physician and pharmacist before being dispensed and shipped.
The statements contained herein are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. The statements are for informational purposes only and is it not meant to replace the services or recommendations of a physician or qualified health care practitioner. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.
Buy Online Generic Drug on our Reputable Pharmacy.