What is better Modafinil vs Caffeine?
Modafinil is an antinarcoleptic medication that has a potent effect like amphetamines but without the negative effects of the latter. It is a new medication that has almost no adverse effects, doesn’t cause dependence, and is a medication of choice for narcolepsy, obstructive sleep apnea, and shift work sleep disorder. Considering that the last two conditions are basically sleepiness caused by poor or lack of night sleep, the formulation can be safely used by people who suffer from drowsiness without being diagnosed with any conditions that can cause it.
Caffeine is a substance that is widely used for the promotion of wakefulness and cognitive functions that are impaired when a person is sleepy. People mostly consume caffeine as a part of beverages such a coffee, tea, and to a lesser extent, energy drinks. However, there are also pills based on caffeine that are used for the stimulation of the nervous system when it is suppressed by the lack of sleep, low arterial tension, and so on.
Precautions for Modafinil use
- Before starting the therapy with Modafinil, get a proper diagnosis to find out the reason for your excessive drowsiness and whether you need any special treatment or not.
- Women who use Modafinil should use condoms or spermicides for contraception as the medication lowers the effect of combined oral contraceptives. - The pills should be taken in the morning or before noon, otherwise, insomnia can develop.
Precautions for Caffeine pills use
- When using caffeine tablets, it is advised to avoid drinking coffee and other caffeine-containing beverages, including alcohol and caffeine-containing medications.
- In the long-term use of the medication, psychological and slight physiological dependence can develop. The abrupt discontinuation of the pills use can cause sluggishness.
- The effect of the formulation highly depends on the type of the nervous system and can be resulting either in stimulation or depression of the CNS function. - Caffeine can cause false increase of uric acid in laboratory tests.
- The formulation can raise the levels of 5-hydroxyindole acetic acid (5-HIAA), vanillyl alindic acid (VMA) and catecholamines in the urine, which can lead to false-positive diagnostics of pheochromocytoma and neuroblastoma.
- The medication must be cautiously used by individuals with ulcer of the stomach and duodenum including the history of the disease.
- The pills contain lactose so people with rare hereditary forms of galactose intolerance, lactase deficiency, or glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome, should not use the drug.
Interactions of Modafinil
- Modafinil lowers the effect of combined oral birth control pills.
- The medication enhances the effect of other stimulants so the combined use should be avoided.
- The medication promotes the action of CYP3A4 enzyme so the medications that are metabolized with it are faster losing their effect. Interactions of Caffeine pills
- The use of the pills with MAO inhibitors can provoke severe arrhythmias and significant elevation in arterial tension;
- The intake of barbiturates, primidone, anticonvulsants causes increased metabolism and increased washing out of caffeine;
- The combination with ketoconazole, disulfiram, and other antibacterial formulations, as well as pyrimidinic acid, can cause a slowdown in the washing out of caffeine and rise in its concentration in the blood;
- The use of the stimulant with Cimetidine, hormonal contraceptives, Isoniazid causes the increased action of caffeine; - The use of Fluvoxamine induces increased levels of caffeine in the blood plasma;
- The use of Mexiletine causes reduction of formulation elimination by 50%;
- Nicotine induces an increased rate of removal of caffeine;
- Methoxsalen reduces the elimination of the stimulant from the organism with the possible potentiating of its effect and toxic action;
- The use with Clozapine causes increased Clozapine concentration in the blood;
- The use of the pills reduces the washing out of Theophylline and other xanthenes, raising the risk of additive effects including toxic;
- The therapy with beta-blockers can induce reciprocal inhibition of therapeutic effects;
- Thyroid drugs’ effect is increased in use with caffeine.
- The formulation reduces the effects of opioid analgesics, anxiolytics, hypnotics and sedatives;
- The pills promote lithium elimination from the body;
- The formulation minimizes the effect of calcium supplements;
- The formulation causes accelerated absorption, increased action and increased toxicity of cardiac glycosides;
- Caffeine potentiates the effect of painkillers and antipyretic medicines;
- The formulation betters the absorption of ergotamine in the digestive tract;
- Xanthine derivatives, beta- and alpha-adrenomimetics, and psychostimulants’ effects are potentiated by caffeine. - Caffeine is an antagonist of anesthetics and other formulations that depress the CNS, a competitive antagonist of adenosine preparations, ATP.
- Drinks and drugs containing caffeine, when used together with the formulation can lead to excessive stimulation of the CNS. High dosages of caffeine pills can cause shivering and palpitations. Patients must avoid excessive consumption of coffee or tea.
From this comparison, it is clear that it’s easier to purchase caffeine pills but they have much more adverse reactions and contraindications for use as well as negatively interact with multiple drugs. Thus, if you want a safe and potent wakefulness-promoting agent, you should buy Modafinil online without Rx from our drugstore.
What is better Modafinil vs Caffeine? similar articles:
Some of the trademarks used in this Web Site appear for identification purposes only.
All orders are reviewed by a licensed physician and pharmacist before being dispensed and shipped.
The statements contained herein are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. The statements are for informational purposes only and is it not meant to replace the services or recommendations of a physician or qualified health care practitioner. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.
Buy Online Generic Drug on our Reputable Pharmacy.