Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in adults – what you should know
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) can be attributed to a number of developmental problems in childhood, but sometimes the disease is still present in adulthood. To date, the number of adults with a similar ailment is only 8%. In adults, the disease is less definable, and therefore less obvious, and has a bit different symptoms.
ADHD in adulthood manifests a violation of attention, memory, emotional and volitional sphere, and difficulties of socialization. In simple words, a person cannot concentrate, remember information, meet deadlines, and organize tasks and things. All this leads to disorders of the behavioral, emotional spheres and social problems, difficulties in work and education.
Symptoms of ADHD in adults
Based on the characteristics of the disease and the age category of individuals, a number of their behavioral characteristics can be distinguished:
- Emotional lability, mood swings.
- Problems with social contacts.
- Depressive state.
- Apathy, boredom, and indifference.
- Inability to focus on work (although they can focus for a long time on activities they enjoy, for instance, computer games, watching TV, etc.).
- Due to cognitive impairment, they constantly put things off and can’t handle the deadlines.
- Low-stress resistance.
- A tendency to abuse different substances (alcohol, drugs).
- Lack of leadership qualities.
- Aggression, uncontrolled outbursts of anger and rage.
- Low self-esteem.
- Most often, such people are in search of work as they cannot secure a position for more than several months, or are stuck for a long time working in one position.
- Difficulties in marriage, or constant unsuccessful search for a partner.
Causes of ADHD in adulthood
In most cases, the causes of ADHD in adulthood are organic impairment, which results in cognitive impairment and decreased performance.
Often, ADHD diagnosed in childhood remains in adulthood. The reasons for this may be neglect of the disease, i.e. hesitation of therapists’ help, not using prescribed medications. ADHD can be worsened by poor parenting and poor social conditions.
Subsequently, the symptoms of the disorder become obvious for other people. For instance, the speech of person’s with ADHD can give out the disorder, people with the condition frequently have intermitted speech, stuttering, they cannot keep up the same pace of the conversation. Sometimes they even shout out their thoughts.
Attention Deficit Disorder in Adults - Treatment
First of all, it is worth paying attention to preventive measures that can eliminate individual manifestations of the symptoms of ADHD:
- Start working out. It can help with hyperactivity as you will lose excessive energy and need to move and then can implement tasks that require perseverance easier.
- Start hiking. Fresh air can make you healthier and also spending time in nature while exercising (walking) also has a very potent calming effect and can relieve anxiety successfully.
- Work on your diet. It’s been known already for a while that what we eat greatly affects our over health, how we feel, what mood we are in, and so. Clean and healthy eating can help with many health problems including ADHD symptoms.
- Sleep 7-9 hours a day. Lack of qualitative sufficient sleep at night leads to the development of multiple health conditions and worsens existing ones. Thus, you should pay attention to how much you sleep.
- Make sure you take time to relax. It is common for a person with ADHD to be unable to relax. Make sure you try and find your practices for relaxation, for instance, meditation, yoga, and so on.
Conservative ADHD treatment methods
To treat a patient with this ailment, the psychotherapist individually selects methods based on individual personality characteristics. Often, experts dwell on individual cognitive or behavioral therapy. First of all, such methods are aimed at increasing the patient’s self-esteem and self-affirmation. Projective techniques of a relaxing nature are also used. They recommend doing meditation and yoga. The therapist helps a person to create his daily routine, and most importantly - to comply with it. The goal of psychotherapy is to reduce the concentration of stressful situations, develop strategies to combat them.
Family therapy is of great importance, where the issues of the interpersonal sphere are solved, in which patients with ADHD cannot cope on their own.
In the labor sphere, a number of trainings are also used to increase the efficiency and productivity of work.
In general, the same medications that are used for children are also used for adults with ADHD. The difference is in the doses and frequency of taking the medicine. However, there are also drugs that hadn't been sufficiently tested in children but have very positive results for ADHD and are even safer than the standard ADHD drugs. These medicines are wakefulness-promoting medicines for narcolepsy, Modafinil and Armodafinil (you can find them at our online drugstore along with standard ADHD drugs such as Strattera).
Psychostimulants, nootropic drugs are widely used to stimulate brain activity. The medication for ADHD at any age should be prescribed exclusively by a specialist. However, to pay less for a pill and do not go for a refill prescription every time you need your ADHD medications, you can buy them online.
For instance, at our online drugstore, you can find such effective medications for ADHD as Strattera (Atomoxetine), Armodafinil, and Modafinil. Here you can find their cost per pill at our online drugstore and number of pills you will need per month:
Remember, in order to increase the effectiveness of therapy, you should combine the recommended methods and not just fully rely on medications.
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in adults – what you should know similar articles:
Some of the trademarks used in this Web Site appear for identification purposes only.
All orders are reviewed by a licensed physician and pharmacist before being dispensed and shipped.
The statements contained herein are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. The statements are for informational purposes only and is it not meant to replace the services or recommendations of a physician or qualified health care practitioner. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.
Buy Online Generic Drug on our Reputable Pharmacy.