What is jetlag and how to manage it?
Jetlag is a body’s response to a change in time zones. It causes a malfunction in circadian rhythm, or internal biological clock that regulates alternation of sleep and wake cycles. The impact of the internal clock manifests in altering a body temperature, the level of hormones and many other processes. It is also highly contingent on sunlight.
The most susceptible to jetlag are pilots and other airplane crews and people who have frequent airplane travels. Jetlag is only relevant for people who cross time zones within a short time so you shouldn’t be worried about it if you travel by train or a ship.
People whose profession makes them more susceptible to jet lag should definitely look onto the ways for coping with it as they are usually the ones who need to have their alertness level and other cognitive functions at a very high level. Imagine being a pilot who due to a jet lag whose alertness and speed of reaction drops due to jet lag. Fortunately, there are certain medicines that can help quickly cope with sleepiness and cognitive functions impairment in a safe manner. One of such drugs is Modafinil. It is a modern and safer (minimal side effects and no addiction) alternative to amphetamines. Read the full guide to know how to manage jet lag in a natural way and more effectively and safely with Modafinil.
Why does it occur?
When we get into a different time zone, our internal clock does not adjust to new conditions right away. For several days we still live in accordance with our old internal rhythm. As a result, we feel tired and sleepy during the day and, conversely, we suffer from heightened vigor at night.
How do you know if you have jet lag?
The main features of jetlag include sleep violation, poor attention, anxiety, decreased performance and general malaise. Dehydration, gastrointestinal upsets, lightheadedness, and memory problems are also common. It’s easy to recognize jet lag. If you traveled through a number of time zones and have at least any of the mentioned symptoms, you do have a jet lag. But if something else bothers you besides these symptoms, especially if the symptoms persist over a week, you should see your doctor.
How can you manage jet lag?
The speed of recovery is contingent on the number of time zones you have travelled across. Normally, the body adapts to one or two zones per day. For instance, if you crossed six-four zones, you will need two to four days to recover without Modafinil's help. With the drug, you can be ready to engage in a normal life within a day. However, you still need to make sure you get enough night rest so you don’t exhaust your organism.
How can you prepare for a trip to avoid jetlag?
Unfortunately, airplane crew has a rarely have a possibility to reschedule their work so that they could be prepared for jet lag-causing trip. But if you are going on a business trip or a vacation, you can change your usual sleep pattern a few days before the trip. If you are heading east, go to sleep and wake up earlier, and if you are going west shift your bedtime and waking hours later.
Besides, try to book a flight not too late in the night and go to bed no later than at 10 o'clock local time.
- Do not go to bed after a flight but spend time outside. Sunlight greatly affects our internal clock. It will help the organism adapt to a new time zone. If you stay indoors, the jetlag symptoms will only worsen.
- Move around. Exercising in the first half of the day or late afternoon will help to get some energy up and help the body to accommodate. But training shortly before bedtime will only worsen jet lag.
- Do not sleep during the day. If sleepiness is unbearable, set an alarm so that you won’t sleep more than for two hours. Use earplugs and a sleeping mask for uninterrupted sleep.
- Give up alcohol and coffee a a couple of hours before bedtime. They stimulate the nervous system so you won’t be able to rest sufficiently. Instead, drink herbal teas.
- Jetlag can be cured with pills. You can cope with symptoms and speed up recovery time with Modafinil, but the cure for jet lag is time. The body needs to readjust the internal clock and alter the sleep mode, and it doesn’t happen right away.
- Alcohol or sleeping pills help with jetlag. This can help to fall asleep during the flight, but cannot cope with jetlag.
- If you fly first class, there will be no jet lag. Of course, you’d better get enough sleep in a folding chair, but your circadian rhythm will be knocked down just like in economy class.
- A sharp change in nutrition will help readjust the internal clock. Many websites recommend adjusting a diet prior to traveling, promising that this will magically eliminate jetlag. But there is no evidence that this works.
Why should you choose Modafinil and how to use it?
First of all, Modafinil and its slightly changed form Armodafinil are used by the army and other governmental agencies as well as by pilots and air traffic control officers. They wouldn’t use the drug if it wasn’t effective against jet lag and other conditions in which drowsiness and cognitive functions lowering is observed. Previously, their drug of choice was Adderall and other amphetamine-based stimulants. But since Modafinil provides the same positive effects and much fewer negative ones, the choice is obvious. Here you can see the comparison of Adderall and Modafinil contraindications for use and side effects.
Likelihood of side effects is high.
- Addiction development;
- Dryness of the mouth;
- Pain in the abdomen,
- Loss of appetite;
- Low libido;
- Erectile dysfunction;
- Panic attacks;
- High blood pressure;
Likelihood of side effects is low.
- Allergy to the drug;
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- History of drug abuse;
- Heart disease;
- Thyroid dysfunciton;
- Use of MAO inhibitors;
- Bipolar disorder;
- High blood pressure;
- Liver or kidney disease;
- Psychotic disorders;
- Raynaud syndrome;
- Tourette syndrome.
- Allergy to Modafinil;
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding;
- High arterial pressure associated with the use of stimulants;
- Liver cirrhosis.
- Severe heart disease.
What is jetlag and how to manage it? similar articles:
Some of the trademarks used in this Web Site appear for identification purposes only.
All orders are reviewed by a licensed physician and pharmacist before being dispensed and shipped.
The statements contained herein are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. The statements are for informational purposes only and is it not meant to replace the services or recommendations of a physician or qualified health care practitioner. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.
Buy Online Generic Drug on our Reputable Pharmacy.