Impotence causes, symptoms, and treatment with Tadalafil
Impotence or erectile dysfunction is not related to a man’s ability to ejaculate, just as a good erection does not mean good sperm quality.
Signs of Erectile Dysfunction
This is a persistent inability to have sexual intercourse due to insufficient penile tension. Such a diagnosis can be made if a man is not able to maintain an erection in at least 1 out of 4 intercourses.
Causes of Impotence (Erectile Dysfunction)
There are two types of causes of impotence – organic and psychogenic.
- Diabetes mellitus causing neuropathy;
- Hypogonadism (decreased testosterone due to impaired pituitary or testicular function);
- Urological diseases;
- Problems with the vessels of the penis;
- Damage of the cerebral cortex and the centers of regulation of sexual functions located in it;
- Taking certain drugs: for high blood pressure, psychotropic, some anti-cancer drugs, estrogens.
- Pelvic injuries;
- Nerve injuries;
- Spine injuries.
Organic erectile dysfunction is characterized by a gradual onset and steady progression, it manifests itself constantly, and there is no morning and evening erection. Sometimes an erection appears at the beginning of sexual intercourse, but quickly disappears.
- Neurosis, depression;
- Stress, fatigue;
- Lack of attraction;
- Painful intercourse (including in history in either of partners).
Psychogenic erectile dysfunction usually manifests itself suddenly and occasionally, associated with a specific situation or partner, morning and evening erections can persist. Often, organic and psychogenic causes act together, and it is a mixed type of erectile dysfunction (impotence).
Many men believe that an erection should inevitably worsen with age. This is not entirely true. Health problems simply accumulate with age, which, in turn, can worsen an erection. In addition, the abuse of alcohol and tobacco contributes to impotence onset.
Treatment of impotence (erectile dysfunction)
Type 5 phosphodiesterase inhibitors (Viagra, Cialis, Levitra, and their generic versions) are used to increase potency. They give a short-term but potent effect. It is preferable to combine the treatment of the underlying condition with the use of such drugs instead of relying on them completely.
- Penile vascular surgery. The purpose of such operations is to restore the flow of arterial blood or to prevent a premature outflow of blood through the dilated veins. The effectiveness of such operations is relatively low. Usually, after a few years, problems resume.
- Penile implants. After installing the implant in the penis, the erection is restored in 95% of men. There are different types of implants - plastic and hydraulic. A penile implant is a complex and responsible operation, but with its competent conduct and when the patient follows all the rules, it has practically no shortcomings, leaves no scars, scars, and does not affect urination. Penile prosthesis allows a man to experience orgasms, conceive a child (if there are no additional problems with sperm quality).
- Psychotherapy. If it is precisely proved that erectile dysfunction is largely caused by psychogenic causes (20% of all cases), methods of psychodynamic and cognitive psychotherapy are applied, both individually and together with a partner. Methods of body psychotherapy are also used: it helps to remove clamps and better control your body. Refusal of bad habits, a healthy lifestyle also help restore an erection.
What drug for impotence should you chose and how to use them?
As we have previously said, there are drugs that can help you achieve an erection when aroused easily regardless of the problem that caused impotence. However, the effect is temporary. Depending on the active substance used in the drug, it is from 2 to 36 hours. The time of effect also depends on a particular man’s metabolism.
There are three substances used for impotence that have the same effect but have some differences – Sildenafil (Viagra), Tadalafil (Cialis), and Vardenafil (Levitra). Besides the branded drugs, the same substances are also available in generic forms that are significantly cheaper as they are less advertised.
The erection-promotion effect of these medicines is based on the suppression of the PDE5 enzyme. This enzyme keeps smooth muscles in the penis constrict. The medicines suppressing the effect of the enzyme promote the relaxation of the muscles which in its turn allows penile blood vessels to expand and be filled with blood so that an erection can occur easily even if there are psychological or physical reasons that interfere with the normal erection occurrence.
The drugs for impotence do not affect other blood vessels in the body although they are still contraindicated to be used in severe heart diseases or combined with heart medicines from the class of nitrates.
The optimal medication with fewer adverse effects and long duration of effect is Cialis or its generic versions with the active substance Tadalafil.