Modafinil is a formulation developed to cope with unbearable sleepiness due to narcolepsy. Besides, it is also used for other conditions related to significant daytime sleepiness. These uses are approved but people also use it for non-prescribed uses – for sleepiness not related to any health conditions, to enhance brain capacity and productivity.
Piracetam is a nootropic, a cognitive-function enhancer that is used in many conditions in which cognitive functions are impaired such as after a stroke, concussion, and so on. Sometimes it is used off-label to improve memory and focus by healthy individuals.
Analeptics, nootropics, eugeroics, wakefulness-promoting agents
Modafinil, Provigil, others
Breinox, Dinagen, Lucetam, Nootropil, Nootropyl, Oikamid, Piracetam and many others
Oral pills, solution for infusions.
In the morning.
The daily dosage is split into 2-3 intakes.
Dosage per day
The usual daily dose is 200 mg. The highest daily dosage is 400 mg. Microdosing for off-label uses implies the use of 50 or 100 mg once a day or several times before noon.
The initial daily dose is 1200 mg during the first week of treatment. Usually the dose is divided into 2-3 doses. Maintenance dose of 2400 mg per day, which is divided into 2-3 doses. In the future, a gradual dose reduction of 1.2 g per day is possible or an increase to 4000 mg a day.
Release from pharmacies
Uses indicated in the label
Narcolepsy, Shift-work sleepiness disorder, Sleepiness associated with obstructive sleep apnea.
Piracetam is used for symptomatic treatment of the Walter-Buel triad (psychoorganic syndrome), accompanied by dizziness, memory disorder, reduced ability to concentrate attention; treatment of cortical myoclonus (sudden chaotic contractions of individual muscles); treatment of vertigo, as well as related disorders of balance (with the exception of vertigo of mental, vasomotor origin); treatment of sickle cell anemia in order to reduce the manifestations of a painful (vaso-occlusive) crisis.
Fatigue and drowsiness due depressive disorder or other disorders or insufficient night sleep, to improve daytime wakefulness in insomnia, jet-lag, improvement of memory and focus, and weight loss aid.
Improvement of memory and ability to focus in healthy individuals.
Duration of effect
One dose of Modafinil improves the level of wakefulness and cognitive functions for 10-12 hours.
One dosage of Piracetam provides the effect for 4-5 hours. The effect is accumulated in continuous use and can be insignificant during the first week of the use.
Principle of effect
Modafinil is a mild dopamine recapture inhibitor which promotes the level of extracellular dopamine without increasing its release. This action promotes wakefulness and improvement of cognitive functions such as memory, concentration, reaction, and others.
There are several mechanisms of the drug on the central nervous system: a change in the speed of propagation of arousal in the brain; increased metabolic processes in the nerve cells; improvement of microcirculation by influencing the rheological characteristics of the blood, without causing a vasodilator action. It improves communication between the hemispheres of the brain and synaptic conduction in neocortical structures. Piracetam has a protective and restorative effect in violation of brain function due to hypoxia and intoxication, Electroconvulsive therapy.
Adverse reactions caused by the drug
Modafinil intake occasionally induces serious unpleasant or serious negative reactions except for trouble falling asleep that can occur if the formulation is taken in the afternoon. The transient adverse effects include headache, mild nausea. Allergic reactions occurring during the use of Modafinil mean that the therapy must be discontinued.
Nervous system: hyperkinesia, headache, insomnia / drowsiness, ataxia, increased frequency of epilepsy attacks, imbalance, tremor. Mental disorders: irritability, nervousness, depression, anxiety, confusion, hallucinations. Immune system: hypersensitivity reactions, including anaphylaxis. The digestive system: pain in the abdomen, pain in the epigastric region, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting. Vestibular system: vertigo. Skin and subcutaneous tissue: angioedema, dermatitis, pruritus, rash, urticaria. Blood and lymphatic system: coagulation disorder. Others: weight gain, asthenia, hypertension, sexual arousal, excessive sweating, arterial hypotension.
When the drug most not be used
Intolerance of Modafinil or auxiliary component of the pills; Pregnancy and breastfeeding; Hypertension caused by stimulants use; Liver cirrhosis; Severe heart disease.
Hypersensitivity to piracetam, to other derivatives of Pyrrolidone and other components of the drug; end-stage renal disease (creatinine clearance <20 ml / min); acute cerebrovascular accident (hemorrhagic stroke); Huntington's disease.
Low. Although it is not advised to be used by people with history of substance abuse.
- The medication lowers hormonal birth control means efficacy so women who take the stimulant should consider other contraception methods.
- The pills should be taken only in the first half of the day to avoid adverse effects.
- The medication has a low abuse and dependence potential but it still must be cautiously prescribed to people with history of any substance abuse or addiction.
- During the first weeks of use, it is advised to render caution when driving or operating machinery as the medication can potentially like any other CNS stimulant can interfere with speed of reaction.
- During the first weeks of use, it is advised to render caution when driving or operating machinery as the medication can potentially like any other medication that influences CNS can interfere with speed of reaction.
- Piracetam reduces platelet aggregation, so it must be cautiously used by people with impaired hemostasis, with symptoms of severe bleeding or conditions that may be accompanied by bleeding (for example, an ulcer of the gastrointestinal tract); severely impaired liver function; hemorrhagic stroke in the anamnesis; people who use anticoagulants, platelet antiplatelet agents, including low doses of acetylsalicylic acid; during major surgeries, dental interventions.
- Individuals prone to neurotic reactions should take into account that in the prolonged the drug use causes an increase in anxiety, which can lead to sleep disturbances (mainly insomnia) and a mediated decrease in intellectual functions due to deterioration of concentration.
- Piracetam is excreted by the kidneys, it is therefore necessary to pay special attention to patients with impaired renal function and elderly patients. Elderly patients may experience exacerbation of coronary insufficiency (the dose should be reduced or the drug withdrawn). Most often, adverse reactions occur in patients of the geriatric group who receive a daily dose above 2400 mg. With prolonged use of the drug in such patients (especially with chronic renal failure), regular monitoring of renal function is recommended, and if necessary, adjust the dose depending on the values of creatinine clearance.
- The medication minimizes the effect of birth control pills, patches, and other means with the action based on hormones. Additional contraception is required when using Modafinil.
- The medication promotes faster excretion of cyclosporine and the dosage adjustment of the latter should be made.
- Modafinil increases the concentration of Phenytoin, diazepam, Propranolol, Omeprazole, Clomipramine and some other medicines metabolized by the CYP2C19 enzyme.
- Piracetam enhances the effect of psychostimulants, indirect anticoagulants, central effects of thyroid hormones (tremor, anxiety, irritability, sleep disturbance, confusion). - In combination with neuroleptics reduces the severity of extrapyramidal disorders.
Number of pills
$16.37 (30 doses)
Modafinil is considered a safer option and although its effectiveness in cognitive functions enhancement isn’t proven by research, people who use it believe that it not only promotes wakefulness but also improves memory, focus, reaction time, mood, and productivity. You can buy Modafinil pills from our website without Rx at an attractive price.