Aurobindo Pharma Ltd Generic drugs
Aurobindo Pharma Ltd is one of the most reputable generic-making companies from India and one of the top 2 pharmaceutical manufacturers of the country. The company was established back in 1986 and since then sustainably works on the development of new products and formulations of the existing medicines, production of high-quality generic drugs, and active pharmaceutical substances for brand products of large international pharmaceutical companies.
The company’s headquarters are located in Hyderabad, an Information Technology and Engineering Consultancy City. This city in India can be compared to the Silicone valley in the U.S., a place where the most advanced and aimed at innovation minds are working together. This strategic location ensures that the company recruits only the most proficient and aspiring specialists with excellent qualifications who are capable of using the most advanced technologies for healthcare research and development.
Company’s history and progress
Aurobindo Pharma’s way started from the launching of a small factory for the production of semi-synthetic penicillin in 1988. By 1992, the company started producing generics and entered the Indian stock market. Today, the company is one of the 2 largest Indian pharmaceutical companies by the volume of produced and exported drugs. More than 90% of Aurobindo Pharma produced medicines are exported to other countries.
In 2014, the company acquired the generic productions and licensing of Actavis comprising seven European countries for $41 million.
In 2017, the company purchased Portuguese pharmaceutical company Generis Farmaceutica SA for €135 million. In the same year, it also acquired a Swiss pharmaceutical company TL Biopharmaceutical AG.
In 2018, the Indian producer also purchased a share of Canadian pharmaceutical company’s Apotex branches in Poland, the Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Spain, and Belgium. This purchase also includes tight cooperation of Apotex specialists with Aurobindo Pharma Ltd on the support of the growth plans of these businesses.
By 2019, the company’s operations have extended to 25 production facilities, including ten facilities in India, three in the USA, one in Brazil, and one in Portugal. The revenues for the past year exceed 2.6 billion.
The exports of the company’s products are made to over 150 countries of the world and the goal of expanding to the new markets and strengthening its presence on the current markets is still one of the priorities of the company’s development.
Aurobindo Pharma production facilities are approved by the leading healthcare regulatory organizations such as USFDA, EU GMP, UK MHRA, Health Canada, WHO and many others.
Aurobindo Pharma Ltd areas of operation
This pharmaceutical giant has presence in all areas of healthcare with the major focus on oncology, neurosciences, cardiology, HIV treatment, diabetes treatment, treatment of gastrointestinal disorders, bacterial diseases, and others.
The company extensively works on the creation of new forms of medication delivery to improve treatment plans, for instance, depot injections, inhalers, patches, and so on.
Aurobindo Pharma has one of the most advanced and large research and development facilities in India with five research centers with the total area of 16,000 square meters and two research and development centers in USA employing over 1560 scientists and analysts.
Being one of two top Indian pharmaceutical companies, Aurobindo Pharma actively supports and initiates social projects for the eradication of hunger, promotion of education, affordable or free medical care for vulnerable layers of Indian population, ensuring clean water supplies for distant regions, and so on.
By 2020, the company implemented:
- 14 villages adopted under the program of improved population well being ensuring education, healthcare, clean water supply, and so on.
- Performing 350 healthcare campaigns implying preventive and general and specialized health camps for rural India.
- Creation of 48 drinking water plants.
- Financial and professional support of 21 educational institutions.
Products by Aurobindo Pharma available at RXStoreMD
- Hivus-LR. This medication is based on two active substances, Lopinavir + Ritonavir; both are HIV protease inhibitors included in the first-line therapy of HIV in adults and kids aged older than 3 years. Besides, the medication is also one of the few approved for the treatment of the novel coronavirus COVID-19 by the USFDA and similar organizations in other countries.
Top medications by Aurobindo Pharma Ltd:
Find the latest special offer from pharmaceutical companies:
- Abbott - A promise for life
- Ajanta Pharma Limited
- Aprazer Health Care
- Aristo Pharmaceuticals
- AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals
- Aurochem Pharmaceuticals
- Aventis Pharma
- Bayer Pharmaceuticals
- Biochem Pharmaceuticals
- Blue Cross Pharma Industry
- Centurion Laboratories
- Chandra Bhagat Pharma Pvt.Ltd
- Cipla - Caring for life
- Combitic Global Caplet Pvt
- Consern Pharma PVT LTD
- Dharam Pharma Distributors
- Dr Reddy’s Pharmaceuticals
- Emcure Pharmaceuticals
- ESSA Pharma Inc.
- FDC Pharmaceuticals
- Fourrts Laboratories
- Geno Pharma
- German Remedies
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
- HAB Pharmaceuticals
- HELIOS pharmaceuticals
- Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- IPCA - A dose of life
- J.B. Chemicals Pharmaceuticals
- John Lee Pharmaceuticals
- Johnson and Johnson
- Khandelwal Pharma
- Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- MAC Labs
- Macleods Pharmaceuticals
- Mankind Pharmaceuticals - Serving Life
- Morepen Pharmaceuticals
- MSD Pharmaceuticals - Be well
- Natco Pharmaceuticals
- Novo Nordisk Pharma
- Pfizer Pharmaceuticals
- R.P.G. pharmaceuticals
- Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals
- Rayh Health Care
- Sandoz a Novartis company
- Sanofi Aventis Pharmaceuticals
- Serum Pharmaceuticals
- Solvay Pharmaceuticals
- Sun Pharma
- Sunrise Remedies
- Systopic Pharmaceuticals
- Torrent Pharmaceuticals
- UCB Pharma
- Unichem Laboratories Limited
- Unique Pharmaceuticals
- Walter Bushnell Pharmaceuticals
- Wockhardt Pharmaceuticals
- Wyeth Pharmaceuticals
- Zydus Pharmaceuticals