Sanofi Aventis Pharmaceuticals Generic drugs
Sanofi Aventis Pharmaceuticals
Sanofi Aventis Pharmaceuticals is a French pharmaceutical company. It is one of the world's leading pharmaceutical corporations. Sanofi-Aventis operates in more than 100 countries. The headquarters of the company are in Paris.
History of Sanofi Aventis
The history of the company began in 1973, when the state-owned oil company Elf Aquitaine formed a division of pharmaceutics, cosmetics and animal feeds. Initially, this unit consisted of a group of acquired companies, but by 1979, under the leadership of René Sautier, the head of the division, a centralized pharmaceutical company was formed.
In the first half of the 1980s Sanofi entered the markets of the USA and Japan. In 1983, the company had the largest research center in France in the field of biotechnology. In 1999, Sanofi, at that time the second largest pharmaceutical company in France, merged with the third, Synthélabo, controlled by L'Oréal. The merged company was named Sanofi-Synthélabo, its main shareholders were L'Oreal and Total (a company with which the head company Elf Aquitaine merged); after the merger units of cosmetics and veterinary products were sold.
Aventis was formed in 1999, when Rhône-Poulenc S.A. joined forces with Hoechst Marion Roussel. The merged company was based in Schiltigheim, near Strasbourg, France. The agricultural unit Rhône-Poulenc, known as Aventis CropScience, after the merger with Hoechst, was sold to Bayer in 2002. In 1998, the chemical division Rhône-Poulenc was allocated to an independent company Rhodia.
Sanofi-Aventis company logo
On August 20, 2004, Sanofi-Synthelabo and Aventis merged. Since that time, Sanofi-Synthelabo owns 95.47% of the share capital of Aventis. Earlier in 2004 Sanofi-Synthélabo offered 47.8 billion Euro for Aventis, but this offer was rejected. The three-month resistance ended when Sanofi-Synthélabo raised the amount to 54.5 billion Euro. The intervention of the French government also played an active role. The French government exerted pressure on Sanofi-Synthélabo, contributing to the price increase for Aventis, after it became known that Novartis also intends to make a proposal.
In subsequent years, the company expanded due to acquisitions, the largest of which were:
- Zentiva (Czech generic producer) acquired in 2008 for € 1.8 billion;
- Shantha Biotechnics (Indian manufacturer of vaccines) acquired in 2009 for € 550 million;
- Chattem (American manufacturer of OTC medicines and cosmetics) acquired in 2009 for $ 1.9 billion; American manufacturer of OTC medicines and cosmetics;
- Medley Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (Brazilian pharmaceutical company) acquired in 2010 for € 500 million;
- Genzyme (American biotechnology company) acquired in 2011 for $ 20.1 billion;
- Globalpharma (Dubai-based generic manufacturer) acquired in 2014;
- Bioverativ in 2018 Sanofi acquires a developer of drugs for the treatment of hemophilia for 11.6 billion dollars.
The main divisions of Sanofi
The company’s operation is divided among divisitons:
- Sanofi Pasteur - production of vaccines; turnover in 2016 was € 4.577 billion;
- Sanofi Genzyme - an innovative biotechnology company; turnover in 2016 was € 5,019 billion;
- Diabetes and Cardiovascular - funds for the treatment of diabetes and cardiovascular diseases; turnover in 2016 was € 6.397 billion;
- General Medicines & Emerging Markets - general medicines and work in new markets; turnover in 2016 was € 14.5 billion;
- Consumer Healthcare - health; turnover in 2016 was € 3.33 billion;
- Animal Health - veterinary products; the turnover in 2016 was € 2.708 billion;
Also, Sanofi is the founder of several funds:
- Aventis Foundation: engaged in charity in the arts, public life, and science.
- Fondation Sanofi-Espair is a charity in the health sector in developing countries.
- Patient Assistance Foundation is a charitable program for US residents who do not have the financial capacity to purchase medicines.
Geography of activities
The main regions by turnover in 2016 were:
- The US - € 12.391 billion;
- New markets - € 9.593 billion, including:
- Latin America - € 2,503;
- Asia - € 3.109 billion;
- Africa, the Middle East, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka - € 2.764 billion;
- Eurasia (Russia, Ukraine, Georgia, Belarus, Armenia and Turkey) - € 1.09 billion;
- Europe (Western Europe and Eastern Europe, excluding the countries of the Eurasia group) - € 8.679 billion;
- Other countries (Japan, South Korea, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Puerto Rico) - € 3.158 billion.
Sanofi Aventis Pharmaceuticals Medications
The most famous preparations of the company are:
Essentiale, Amaril (Glimepiride), Arava (Leflunomide), Granocite (Lenograstim), Dalfaz (Alfuzonin), Clexan (Enoxaparin), Cordarone (Amiodarone), Lokren (Betaxolol), No-shpa ( Drotaverin), Plavix (Clopidogrel), Rovamycin (Spiramycin), Solian (Amisulpride), Sofrax (framicetin sulfate, gramicidin, dexamethasone), Tavanic (Levofloxacin), Taxotere (Docetaxel), Telfast (Fexofenadine), Trental (Pentoxifylline), Festal (Pancreatin), Eloxatin (Oxaliplatin), Bronchicum (Herbal composition), De akin (Valproic acid), Insuman (Human insulins), Cogitum (acetylamino succinic acid), Apidra (insulin glulisin), Ultracaine (Articaine + Epinephrine), Maalox (Algeldrat + Magnesium hydroxide), Lantus (insulin glargine), Aprovel (Irbesartan) / Coaproval (Irbesartan + Hydrochlorothiazide), Syringe-pen Optipen® Pro1, Magne B6 (Magnesium-Pyridoxine).
Vaccines made by the company
The Sanofi-Pasteur vaccine division distributes vaccines against the following infections: cholera, diphtheria, Haemophilus influenzae type b infection (Hib infection), meningococcal infections, pertussis, pneumococcal infections, tetanus, tuberculosis, typhoid fever, hepatitis A, hepatitis B, influenza, Japanese encephalitis, measles, mumps, poliomyelitis, rabies, rubella, chicken pox, and yellow fever.
Sanofi Aventis Pharmaceuticals Medications you can buy at our online pharmacy
- Lasix (Furosemide) is a loop diuretic that causes fast and potent but short-term diuresis. The medication is prescribed in edematous syndrome in congestive heart failure of II-III stages, liver cirrhosis, kidney disease, acute cardiac insufficiency, cerebral edema, hypertensive crisis (alone or in combination with other antihypertensive drugs), arterial hypertension (severe course), hypercalcemia; forced diuresis in case of poisoning with chemical compounds, and eclampsia. You can get this medication from our Diuretics medications section.
- Sumycin (Tetracycline) is an antibiotic medication with broad spectrum of activity that is prescribed in infectious diseases of various organs, for instance, respiratory tract organs, urinary tract organs, skin and soft tissue infections, conjunctivitis, acne, actinomycosis, intestinal amoebiasis, anthrax, brucellosis, bartonellosis, chancroid, cholera, uncomplicated gonorrhea, inguinal granuloma, syphilis, various fevers, plague, and others. This medication can be found in our Antibiotic medications section.
Please be responsible buying any medications from our pharmacy as we sell them without prescriptions but they are potent medicines that must be used only if a doctor who knows your health history approves them for you.
Top medications by Sanofi Aventis Pharmaceuticals:
Find the latest special offer from pharmaceutical companies:
- Abbott - A promise for life
- Ajanta Pharma Limited
- Aristo Pharmaceuticals
- AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals
- Aurochem Pharmaceuticals
- Aventis Pharma
- Bayer Pharmaceuticals
- Biochem Pharmaceuticals
- Blue Cross Pharma Industry
- Centurion Laboratories
- Chandra Bhagat Pharma Pvt.Ltd
- Cipla - Caring for life
- Combitic Global Caplet Pvt
- Consern Pharma PVT LTD
- Dharam Pharma Distributors
- Dr Reddy’s Pharmaceuticals
- Emcure Pharmaceuticals
- ESSA Pharma Inc.
- FDC Pharmaceuticals
- Fourrts Laboratories
- German Remedies
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
- HAB Pharmaceuticals
- HELIOS pharmaceuticals
- Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- IPCA - A dose of life
- J.B. Chemicals Pharmaceuticals
- Johnson and Johnson
- Khandelwal Pharma
- Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- MAC Labs
- Macleods Pharmaceuticals
- Mankind Pharmaceuticals - Serving Life
- MSD Be well
- Novo Nordisk Pharma
- R.P.G. pharmaceuticals
- Rayh Health Care
- Sandoz a Novartis company
- Serdia Pharmaceuticals
- Serum Pharmaceuticals
- Solvay Pharmaceuticals
- Sun Pharma
- Sunrise Remedies
- Systopic Pharmaceuticals
- Torrent Pharmaceuticals
- UCB Pharma
- Unichem Laboratories Limited
- Unicure Pharmaceuticals
- Unique Pharmaceuticals
- Vipro Lifes cience
- Walter Bushnell Pharmaceuticals
- Wockhardt Pharmaceuticals
- Wyeth Pharmaceuticals
- Zydus Pharmaceuticals