FDC Pharmaceuticals Generic drugs
The company FDC Pharmaceuticals is an Indian-based drug-making concern which foundation dates back to 1936. The name of the company which is used today is an abbreviation of the initial full name Fairdeal Corporation. Currently, the company is one of the largest Indian pharmaceutical products manufacturers and one of the major exporters of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) that are purchased by the major American, European, and other pharmaceutical companies and used for their brand medicines production.
Brief company’s history - milestones
The company was established in 1936 as the first step toward a dream that one day India would become a self-sufficient nation in healthcare. This was a dream and goal of the thriving chemist Anand Chandavarkar.
In the beginning, the company was only an importer of medications, baby food, and medical appliances for distribution in India. But in 1940, the company shifted its operation to the production of active pharmaceutical ingredients developed by other drug-developing companies which would allow it to gain the experience in producing finished drugs. In 1949, the company built and launched its first formulation plant and launched its first oral product on the Indian pharmaceutical market. In 1963, it extended its fields of production introducing Vanmycetin Eye Drops.
In 1972, the company introduced first oral rehydration salt Electral which allows managing dehydration due to diarrhea or vomiting caused by infectious diseases such as, for instance, cholera, especially widespread in the underdeveloped and developing countries of the world including India. This way, the company became the pioneer of both ophthalmic and rehydration salts production in the country and is the leading manufacturers in these categories, today.
In 1985, the company’s APIs plant became the first U.S. Food and drug administration approved API production facility in India which meant that the company could supply the U.S. pharmaceutical companies with the active ingredients for their branded medicines. Later, all of the five more company’s facilities got the approval of the FDA and the same agencies from other countries.
In the year 1992, FDC Pharmaceuticals received the National Award from the Council of Scientific Research and Industry of India for regional research and development of Flurbiprofen and Timolol Maleate.
In 1994, the company became the first Indian drug-maker to start implementing the Blow-Fill-Seal technology in ophthalmological products which optimizes sterility and is highly user-friendly.
In 1998, The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) of the United Kingdom approved the first company’s ophthalmic facility. Subsequently, more FDC facilities had been approved by this agency which meant that they can produce APIs and ready-to-use medical products which could be exported to the UK.
FDC Pharmaceuticals today
Today the company not only continues to implement the main dream and mission of its founder but also pushes the boundaries and conquers new markets besides its home country. To date, FDC Pharmaceuticals manufactures three hundred medications and APIs and exports them to over fifty countries including the countries that have the strictest pharmaceutical products regulations such as the U.S., UK, Malaysia, UAE, and so on.
The medicines FDC produces are from numerous therapeutic segments: bactericidal and bacteriostatic medications, drugs for gastrointestinal tract diseases, ophthalmological medications, vitamins and minerals, dietary supplements, medications for the cardiovascular system, diabetes treatments, respiratory tract medications, gynecology, dermatology, analgesics and others.
FDC strives to explore, innovate and integrate solutions with modern technology, empowering talent and expanding healthcare horizons for a better quality of life to millions globally.
The company has manufacturing six manufacturing facilities located all over India. Five of these plant complexes have international approvals of such organizations as the U.S. FDA, UKMHRA, PICS and WHO which allows them to make the medicines and APIs that would be marketed in the international markets. The sixth factory is also approved by the World Health Organization but doesn’t need the approvals of the FDA and other similar authorities of other countries as it is focused on the domestic market exclusively.
The combined volume of production of these plants is almost a billion of tones of oral drug formulations, millions of tones of injection solutions, eye drops, nasal sprays, and so on.
Research and development facilities
FDC is a research-oriented organization. Its research and development team continuously works on diverse new compounds, delivery forms, and technologies. Formulation research forms the most significant pillar of FDC’s growth strategy as it ensures that the product range meets the international standards. The team designs and develops simple and complex dosage forms, for the domestic and global market. The major focus is on creating niche products, using highly specialized technology.
The extensive research work has led to breakthrough inventions, which have been protected under patent applications.
The analytical laboratories are well equipped with sophisticated instrumentation. Analytical Method Development adopts Quality by Design approach. The analytical team fulfills national, as well as international requirements.
The regulatory team is actively involved in the submission of dossiers in regulated markets, as well as rest of the world.
Products by FDC pharmaceuticals you can buy from our med store
At the moment, the following medical products by FDC are available at our med store:
- Generic Diflucan based on Fluconazole is an antifungal medication used for various fungal infections such as vaginal candidiasis, yeast-like fungal infections, nail fungus, oral candidiasis, skin mycosis, and so on. You can find different formulation pills suitable for different fungal infections treatment at our Antifungal medications section.
- Generic Famvir based on the active pharmaceutical ingredient Famciclovir is an antiviral medication effective against shingles, herpes zoster, postherpetic neuralgia, and genital herpes. It suppresses the replication of viral cells and subsequently the symptoms of the infection fade. You can find this drug at our Anti-viral medications section.
- Generic Floxin based on Ofloxacin is an antibacterial agent of a group of second-generation fluoroquinolones. The medication is prescribed for the treatment of bacterial infections of respiratory tract, bronchitis, pneumonia, skin and soft tissue infections, urinary tract infections, gonococcal infection, urethritis, cervicitis, cystitis, salmonella, bone and joint infection, pyelonephritis, bone and joints infections, and others. You can buy this drug from our Antibiotics medications section.
- Generic Lamisil cream based on Terbinafine is appointed for prevention and treatment of fungal infections of the skin, including foot mycosis (foot fungus), fungal lesions of smooth skin of the body, yeast infections of the skin, mainly those caused by fungi of the genus Candida, in particular, diaper rash; colored lichen, and others. You can find this topical cream in our Antifungal medications section.
We sell the listed medications without a prescription but highly advise you to consult a doctor and do all tests appointed by them before you start any treatment with the drugs that we sell.
Top medications by FDC Pharmaceuticals:
Find the latest special offer from pharmaceutical companies:
- Abbott - A promise for life
- Ajanta Pharma Limited
- Aristo Pharmaceuticals
- AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals
- Aurochem Pharmaceuticals
- Aventis Pharma
- Bayer Pharmaceuticals
- Biochem Pharmaceuticals
- Blue Cross Pharma Industry
- Centurion Laboratories
- Chandra Bhagat Pharma Pvt.Ltd
- Cipla - Caring for life
- Combitic Global Caplet Pvt
- Consern Pharma PVT LTD
- Dharam Pharma Distributors
- Dr Reddy’s Pharmaceuticals
- Emcure Pharmaceuticals
- ESSA Pharma Inc.
- Fourrts Laboratories
- German Remedies
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
- HAB Pharmaceuticals
- HELIOS pharmaceuticals
- Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- IPCA - A dose of life
- J.B. Chemicals Pharmaceuticals
- Johnson and Johnson
- Khandelwal Pharma
- Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- MAC Labs
- Mankind Pharmaceuticals - Serving Life
- MSD Be well
- Novo Nordisk Pharma
- R.P.G. pharmaceuticals
- Rayh Health Care
- Sandoz a Novartis company
- Sanofi Aventis Pharmaceuticals
- Serdia Pharmaceuticals
- Serum Pharmaceuticals
- Solvay Pharmaceuticals
- Sun Pharma
- Sunrise Remedies
- Systopic Pharmaceuticals
- Torrent Pharmaceuticals
- UCB Pharma
- Unichem Laboratories Limited
- Unicure Pharmaceuticals
- Unique Pharmaceuticals
- Vipro Lifes cience
- Walter Bushnell Pharmaceuticals
- Wockhardt Pharmaceuticals
- Wyeth Pharmaceuticals
- Zydus Pharmaceuticals