Serdia Pharmaceuticals Generic drugs
Serdia Pharmaceuticals is an Indian Mumbai-based drug-making company that was established in 1986 and is a subsidiary of the private French pharmaceutical company Servier Group.
Serdia Pharmaceuticals subsidiary employs 500 people more than 90% of whom are highly skilled field professionals in the pharmaceutical industry.
The company’s qualitative products and adequate prices had gained Serdia a good reputation among medical professionals and patients.
History of Servier Group, the head company that owns Serdia Pharmaceuticals
Servier is a private French pharmaceutical company founded in 1954 by Jacques Servier that specializes in development, manufacturing, and marketing of medicines for the treatment of cardiac and rheumatic diseases, as well as for the treatment of diabetes and depression. The first medications produced by the company we launched a year after the company’s foundation and were an anti-hypertension and anti-diabetes medication.
The expansion of the company overseas started with the creation of the first subsidiary in London, the UK in 1964. In 1990, the company builds its first manufacturing unit outside France, in Ireland. In 2000, Servier built a production facility in China.
In 2002, the company obtained the Galiene Prize as recognition of its creativity in research.
In 2007-2009 Servier also built production facilities in Russia and Brazil to minimize the route from the factory to customers in those countries.
Currently, the consolidated turnover of the company for the fiscal year is € 3.9 billion. Servier is the leading independent French pharmaceutical company and the second-largest French pharmaceutical company. It has branches in 148 countries through which 82% of the company’s sales are made.
The company invests a little less than 25% of its turnover in research and development, which employs 3,000 people from 21,200 employees of the company around the world. The company produced 853 million packages of medicines in 2013.
The company's division in the small French town Gidy near Orleans, which produces drugs for clinical research, is the largest of its kind in Europe. Servier Laboratory is a full member of the European Federation of the Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations.
The expansion of the Serdia Pharmaceuticals’ head company is made through the creation of its own specialized subsidiaries such as Biogaran in 1996 and acquisition of other companies, for instance, EGIS Pharmaceuticals (Hungarian company) in 2013.
Besides its own research and development activities, the company also participates in joint studies with industrial and academic partners. One of such initiatives is Innomed PredTox project in non-clinical safety assessment. Besides, Servier expands its activity through the joint research projects within the initiative of innovative drugs by the European Federation of the Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations and European Commission (EC). The company also participates in research and licensing of cooperation between pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
For a long time already Servier Group had been involved in various sponsorships and charitable actions internationally. But since 2016 this mission is also embodied by the Mécénat Servier Endowment Fund, the purpose of which is to promote, participate in or implement, directly or indirectly, any initiative, project or activity of general interest, in France or abroad, in the areas of healthcare, research, societal issues concerning community harmony, education and culture, in any form.
The company also implements employee-friendly corporate social responsibility including the care about health and safety of all employees, quality of work life, managerial practices, diversity and equal opportunity. The compliance with the company’s policy and vision on all levels is ensured by the work of Strategic Committee and Operations Committee.
Servier also cares about environment and beside its operations being approved and in accordance with the highest international environment-care standards, the company also constantly works on the minimization of pollution due to production and even included the risk-management policy.
The company’s products
As a part of Servier group, Serdia Pharmaceuticals follows the main company’s policy such as the focusing on the research and development of innovational drugs. In total, the company has 47 medicines for four therapeutic fields: cardiovascular, cancer, neuropsychiatric disorders, and diabetes.
The second focus is the production of generics of essential medicines to make therapeutics available and affordable to anyone. To date, through its subsidiaries, the company offers a range of generics that consists of around 1,600 medications for the major therapeutic domains. The selling of generics makes up around a quarter of the company’s turnover. The generics are manufactured in France and Hungary and are distributed throughout France, Hungary, Russia, Brazil, Nigeria, Eastern Europe and Central Europe.
The third research and production focus is eHealth solutions and innovative digital tools to help patients, doctors, and healthcare professionals. For instance, one of such products from this department is Cardioskin t-shirt which renders the effect of a portable electrocardiogram. This product is developed along with Bioserenity. It can measure the electrical activity of the heart from many angles and detect anomalies when cardiac-activity monitoring over several hours is required. Besides, the device can transmit data in real-time which allows patients to give their doctor remotely precise data on how their hearts are functioning instead of simply describing the symptoms.
The eHeatlh department of the company also works on the development of an online-based cognitive-behavioral therapy solution for people with depression.
Serdia Pharmaceuticals products you can buy at our med store
We offer you to purchase the following medications:
- Coversyl (Perindopril) is an angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor. The medication helps to restore the elasticity of large arterial vessels, reduces pressure in the pulmonary capillaries. In the long-term use, it diminishes the severity of myocardial hypertrophy of the left ventricle and interstitial fibrosis, normalizes the isozyme profile of myosin and the work of the heart. The medication also reduces preload and afterload (reduces systolic and diastolic blood pressure in the "lying" and "standing"), the filling pressure of the left and right ventricles, the overall peripheral vascular resistance, and so on. The medication can be found in our Blood pressure medications section and should be used for the cardiovascular conditions at a doctor’s discretion.
- Lozol (Indapamide) is a medicinal product with antihypertensive effect. By pharmacological properties, it is close to thiazide diuretics. The drug can be prescribed to treat hypertension and edema caused by heart failure. This medication also can be found in our Blood pressure medications section and should be used for the cardiovascular conditions at a doctor’s discretion.
- Trivastal (Piribedil) is an antiparkinsonian and an agonist of dopamine receptors. It stimulates dopamine receptors in the central nervous system, mainly in the nuclei of the extrapyramidal system, increases the blood supply to brain tissues, their consumption of oxygen, improves cerebral metabolism, stimulates the transmission of nerve impulses, increases the electrical activity of neurons of the cortex, excites peripheral dopamine receptors in the smooth muscles of the vessels and has a vasodilating effect. The medication is prescribed as an additional symptomatic therapy for chronic impairment of cognitive functions and neurosensory deficit in the process of aging (including attention and memory disorders); Parkinson's disease; symptomatic therapy for intermittent claudication; therapy of symptoms of ophthalmic diseases of ischemic origin, and so on at a doctor’s discretion. You can get this medication from our Antiparkinsonian medications section.
RXShopMD offers all of its products without RX but we strongly advise you to start taking any medicines only after consulting with a doctor.
Top medications by Serdia Pharmaceuticals:
Find the latest special offer from pharmaceutical companies:
- Abbott - A promise for life
- Ajanta Pharma Limited
- Aristo Pharmaceuticals
- AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals
- Aurochem Pharmaceuticals
- Aventis Pharma
- Bayer Pharmaceuticals
- Biochem Pharmaceuticals
- Blue Cross Pharma Industry
- Centurion Laboratories
- Chandra Bhagat Pharma Pvt.Ltd
- Cipla - Caring for life
- Combitic Global Caplet Pvt
- Consern Pharma PVT LTD
- Dharam Pharma Distributors
- Dr Reddy’s Pharmaceuticals
- Emcure Pharmaceuticals
- ESSA Pharma Inc.
- FDC Pharmaceuticals
- Fourrts Laboratories
- German Remedies
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
- HAB Pharmaceuticals
- HELIOS pharmaceuticals
- Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- IPCA - A dose of life
- J.B. Chemicals Pharmaceuticals
- Johnson and Johnson
- Khandelwal Pharma
- Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- MAC Labs
- Macleods Pharmaceuticals
- Mankind Pharmaceuticals - Serving Life
- MSD Be well
- Novo Nordisk Pharma
- R.P.G. pharmaceuticals
- Rayh Health Care
- Sandoz a Novartis company
- Sanofi Aventis Pharmaceuticals
- Serum Pharmaceuticals
- Solvay Pharmaceuticals
- Sun Pharma
- Sunrise Remedies
- Systopic Pharmaceuticals
- Torrent Pharmaceuticals
- UCB Pharma
- Unichem Laboratories Limited
- Unicure Pharmaceuticals
- Unique Pharmaceuticals
- Vipro Lifes cience
- Walter Bushnell Pharmaceuticals
- Wockhardt Pharmaceuticals
- Wyeth Pharmaceuticals
- Zydus Pharmaceuticals