Serum Pharmaceuticals Generic drugs
The complete name of the company is Serum Institute of India. It was founded in 1966 with the goal of manufacturing immunologic preparations, which were in deficit in the country and had to be imported at high costs. Currently, the company is the world's leading vaccine manufacturer by the number of doses produced and sold globally. The vaccines produced by the Serum Institute are approved by the World Health Organization and are being used in around 170 countries saving millions of lives around the globe.
The company has the highest number of produced vaccines yearly compared to other manufacturers. The average amount of doses is 1.3 billion a year. The spread of the company’s products is so wide, it’s estimated that 65% of people internationally receive at least one vaccine made by Serum in their lifetime.
The assortment of vaccines made by the company comprises Polio vaccine, Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis, Hepatitis B, Measles, Rubella and other vaccines.
Besides the vaccines, the company also manufactures life-saving generic medications i.e. complete analogs of expensive branded medicines and develops novel drug delivery systems for already existing medicines.
Company’s philosophy and mission
Serum Pharmaceuticals strives to bring the prices of the newest vaccines and preparations down to make them affordable to the least privileged people in the world. This philanthropic approach is not only claimed but implemented. The contribution of the company to the world’s overall healthcare level increase was even praised by the known philanthropist and billionaire Bill Gates who called the company “Vaccine Heroes”.
The company strives to make a contribution to the elimination of poliomyelitis from the World.
Production facilities by Serum Pharmaceuticals
The company has production facilities in India, Holland, and Czech Republic. All of the facilities are equipped with the latest technology. For instance, the production of viral vaccines is made with the use of robotics to minimize the contact of employees with hazardous substances.
The plants and laboratories are constantly improved to guarantee their compliance with Good Manufacture Practice guidelines by the World Health Organization, Geneva. Moreover, the quality and innovation-implementation committees even strive to exceed the norms and make the facilities the most advanced, safe to work, and cost-efficient in the world.
The Serum Institute facilities are also approved by the Food and Drug Administration of the U.S. and analogical authorities of the European Union which makes it possible to produce and distribute its products to the developed countries besides the developing ones where the markets are less regulated. It also proves the highest quality standards followed by the company in production and distribution of its vaccines and drugs.
The capacities of vaccines production line are as impressive as 500 fully-packed containers per minute. Besides, the flexibility of the company to produce vaccines in several plants makes it possible to manufacture a large number of doses in the shortest possible period of time and quickly react to an international emergency or outbreak.
Expansion plans of Serum Pharmaceuticals
The company is building a biotechnology park at the territory of 42 acres. This park is going to be an advanced research and production facility that meets the highest standards set by a plethora of regulatory agencies including the UK, US, European, Japanese, Australian, and other health authorities. The first facility focus is planned to be HPV, Tdap, Monoclonal antibodies/Biosimilars, Rotavirus vaccine and recombinant BCG vaccine. It is Biotech Park is anticipated to be launched by the end of 2018.
Corporate social responsibility
The company realizes and acknowledges its social responsibility and strives to maximally contribute to the environment preservation, social, and economic development of its domestic country as well as the improvement of the overall health of people around the globe.
First of all, the company ensures that their employees have the best working conditions to guarantee their physical and mental health isn’t deteriorated because of their jobs. The safety or production, fair remuneration for their labor, as well as various other social initiatives to help the families of the Serum Institute employees are created to serve the goal.
The out of company social contribution initiatives of Serum Institute are numerous. For instance, Serum Institute of India has constructed and sponsors on a constant basis a Leprosy Rehabilitation Center for accommodation and training of Leprosy-cured but handicapped people. The center’s aim is to help these people find their place in society, support themselves and live a decent life.
Besides, it also constructed, equipped and commissioned together with Welfare Medical Foundation a hospital named in memory of the late wife of the Serum Institute owner, Villoo Poonawalla Memorial Hospital. The hospital renders multidisciplinary medical help at the rates lower than the average in the region making the treatment affordable even to the people from the lowest income classes.
The Serum Institute also sponsors and creates Mobile Medical Units that provide primary health care for remote rural areas without hospitals.
The company also donates vaccines or sells them at the fraction of a price to social welfare groups, educational and research institutions and organizations, charitable trusts, both in its home country and internationally. For instance, the country donated Measles and Rubella vaccines to Uzbekistan, Lao Democratic Republic, Nepal, and its home country and sold the vaccine to the Philippines at a lowered cost. During an outbreak of type A influenza, the Serum Institute domestically donated the vaccines against it to people from the lowest classes who couldn’t afford to pay for the vaccines.
The pharmaceutical company also strongly believes that the future of the country lies in education. Therefore, it constructs and supports a number of schools around the country.
The environmental initiatives of the company’s owners include Adar Poonawalla Clean City program that sponsors and provides necessary equipment to raise the sanitary level of Indian streets. Besides, the company commissioned to Pune city a pilot plant that provides two million liters of clean water a day with the plan to increase it to ten million. On top of that, the company contributed to several projects like widening and asphalting of roads, constructing public toilets and bridges, developing and maintaining gardens and also playgrounds to improve the quality of life of the local population.
Products by Serum Pharmaceuticals you can buy at our online pharmacy
Our range of products comprises medications made by numerous reputable drug manufacturers Serum Pharmaceuticals being one of them. Currently, we offer you the following products of this company:
- Clomid (Clomiphene) is a hormonal medication that blocks the binding of estradiol with the receptors and stimulates ovulation. The drug is prescribed to be used in the stimulation of ovulation in anovulatory cycles, treatment of ovulation disorders associated with hypothalamus deficiency, secondary amenorrhea, oligomenorrhea, dysfunctional uterine bleeding, non-cancerous galactorrhea, and other conditions at a doctor’s discretion. Find this drug in our Women’s health medications section.
- Danocrine (Danazol) is a synthetic androgen that suppresses the production of pituitary gonadotrophic Luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) in men and women. In women, it depresses the ovarian activity, inhibits ovulation, and causes endometrial atrophy. The medication is used for the therapy of endometriosis with concomitant infertility, benign neoplasms of the breast (fibrocystic mastopathy), primary menorrhagia, premenstrual syndrome, primary premature puberty, gynecomastia, and hereditary angioedema. Find this drug in our Pain Medicine medications section.
- Dostinex (Cabergoline) is a hormonal drug that is used for the inhibition of physiological postpartum lactation immediately after giving birth. Besides, it is used for the treatment of disorders associated with hyperprolactinemia, including amenorrhea, oligomenorrhea, anovulation, galactorrhea, prolactin-secreting adenomas of the pituitary gland, idiopathic hyperprolactinemia, and others. This preparation can be found in our Women’s health medications section.
- Parlodel (Bromocriptine) is a stimulator of central and peripheral dopamine D2 receptors. Due to its stimulating effect on the dopamine receptors of the hypothalamus, Bromocriptine has a characteristic inhibitory effect on the secretion of the hormones of the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland, especially prolactin and somatotropin and is used for the treatment of menstrual cycle violations, infertility, hyperprolactinaemia induced by the use of medications, premenstrual syndrome, lactation suppression, Parkinson’s diseases, and for other conditions at a doctor’s discretion. This drug can be found in our Women’s health medications section.
Before you purchase any medication from RXShopMD, even though you can do so without having a valid prescription, please consult your doctor and follow his or her recommendations strictly not to harm your health.
Top medications by Serum Pharmaceuticals:
Find the latest special offer from pharmaceutical companies:
- Abbott - A promise for life
- Ajanta Pharma Limited
- Aprazer Health Care
- Aristo Pharmaceuticals
- AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals
- Aurobindo Pharma Ltd
- Aurochem Pharmaceuticals
- Aventis Pharma
- Bayer Pharmaceuticals
- Biochem Pharmaceuticals
- Blue Cross Pharma Industry
- Centurion Laboratories
- Chandra Bhagat Pharma Pvt.Ltd
- Cipla - Caring for life
- Combitic Global Caplet Pvt
- Consern Pharma PVT LTD
- Dharam Pharma Distributors
- Dr Reddy’s Pharmaceuticals
- Emcure Pharmaceuticals
- ESSA Pharma Inc.
- FDC Pharmaceuticals
- Fourrts Laboratories
- Geno Pharma
- German Remedies
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
- HAB Pharmaceuticals
- HELIOS pharmaceuticals
- Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- IPCA - A dose of life
- J.B. Chemicals Pharmaceuticals
- John Lee Pharmaceuticals
- Johnson and Johnson
- Khandelwal Pharma
- Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- MAC Labs
- Macleods Pharmaceuticals
- Mankind Pharmaceuticals - Serving Life
- Morepen Pharmaceuticals
- MSD Pharmaceuticals - Be well
- Natco Pharmaceuticals
- Novo Nordisk Pharma
- Pfizer Pharmaceuticals
- R.P.G. pharmaceuticals
- Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals
- Rayh Health Care
- Sandoz a Novartis company
- Sanofi Aventis Pharmaceuticals
- Solvay Pharmaceuticals
- Sun Pharma
- Sunrise Remedies
- Systopic Pharmaceuticals
- Torrent Pharmaceuticals
- UCB Pharma
- Unichem Laboratories Limited
- Unique Pharmaceuticals
- Walter Bushnell Pharmaceuticals
- Wockhardt Pharmaceuticals
- Wyeth Pharmaceuticals
- Zydus Pharmaceuticals