Solvay Pharmaceuticals Generic drugs
Currently, the company Solvay Pharmaceuticals makes a part of an American pharmaceutical giant Abbott Laboratories since 2009.
History of Solvay Pharmaceuticals
The history of the company that bears the name Solvay started in 1861 when Ernest Solve, a Belgian chemist, patented the way of industrial production of baking soda. Then, in 1863, he also founded his own enterprise for the industrial production of baking soda. Later the enterprises were opened in France, England, Germany, the United States of America, and Russia. The company mainly developed as a chemical company and became one of the largest chemical companies in Europe but it also had a subsidiary focused on pharmaceutical products.
Solvay Pharmaceuticals was previously the pharmaceutical division of Solvay. The company’s portfolio was based on its own research and development and included drugs for the treatment of diseases in the following therapeutic areas: cardiology and metabolic therapy, psychiatry and neurology, pancreatic enzymes and gastroenterology, flu prevention, male and female health (among them are Alpha Normix Duspatalin, Imudon, Influvak, Traikor, Colchicum, Propitsil, and others).
Pharmaceutical production of Solvay Pharma was located in five countries of Western Europe, as well as in the USA, Canada and Japan, it has research centers located in Hanover (Germany), Vespe (Netherlands), Atlanta (USA), and Tokyo (Japan).
In the United States, Solvay Pharma was the owner of Unimed Pharmaceuticals Inc. Solvay Pharma had representative offices in Asia (Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Philippines, China), Africa and Latin America. Representation of the company in Russia was opened in 1997. The number of employees was more than 500 people.
In 2009, Solvay agreed to sell the division of Solvay Pharmaceuticals to the American pharmaceutical giant Abbott Laboratories for 4.5 billion dollars. The deal was completed in February 2010.
Solvay Pharmaceuticals as a part of Abbott Laboratories
Being a company that is focused on the development of its own new products, now a part of Abbott group, Solvay Pharmaceuticals continues its research and development as well as expands the fields for the research cooperating from the already existing head company’s research department.
The head company that now owns Solvay Pharmaceuticals is owned around the world for a wide range of the high quality branded medications, generic drugs, medical devices, diagnostics, and nutrition products. Since Solvay Pharma joint the company, its branded medicines and generics also became a part of the Abbott’s range of goods.
Besides creating the ready-to-use medications, the pharmaceutical company also manufactures active pharmaceutical ingredients, excipients, intermediates (starting raw materials for active pharmaceutical ingredients), and cleaning agents used in pharmaceutical industry. Besides the consumable products, Solvay also develops and markets medical devices including re-usable devices and instruments and single-use devices/instruments.
Solvay Pharmaceuticals you can buy at our online pharmacy
Currently, we offer you to acquire the following medications by Solvay Pharmaceuticals without a prescription:
- Luvox (Fluvoxamine) is a modern selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor antidepressant similar by pharmacological properties to Fluoxetine (Prozac) but that acts faster. It also has an anxiolytic (anti-anxiety) action. The medication is prescribed to be taken in major depressive disorder, anxiety disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder, social phobia, and as a part of combination therapy of other mental conditions at a doctor’s discretion. You can find this drug in our Antidepressant medications section.
Top medications by Solvay Pharmaceuticals:
Find the latest special offer from pharmaceutical companies:
- Abbott - A promise for life
- Ajanta Pharma Limited
- Aprazer Health Care
- Aristo Pharmaceuticals
- AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals
- Aurobindo Pharma Ltd
- Aurochem Pharmaceuticals
- Aventis Pharma
- Bayer Pharmaceuticals
- Biochem Pharmaceuticals
- Blue Cross Pharma Industry
- Centurion Laboratories
- Chandra Bhagat Pharma Pvt.Ltd
- Cipla - Caring for life
- Combitic Global Caplet Pvt
- Consern Pharma PVT LTD
- Dharam Pharma Distributors
- Dr Reddy’s Pharmaceuticals
- Emcure Pharmaceuticals
- ESSA Pharma Inc.
- FDC Pharmaceuticals
- Fourrts Laboratories
- Geno Pharma
- German Remedies
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
- GSK Pharma India
- HAB Pharmaceuticals
- HELIOS pharmaceuticals
- Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- IPCA - A dose of life
- J.B. Chemicals Pharmaceuticals
- John Lee Pharmaceuticals
- Johnson and Johnson
- Khandelwal Pharma
- Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- MAC Labs
- Macleods Pharmaceuticals - Challenging Frontiers in Healthcare
- Mankind Pharmaceuticals - Serving Life
- Morepen Pharmaceuticals
- MSD Pharmaceuticals - Be well
- Natco Pharmaceuticals
- Novo Nordisk Pharma
- Pfizer Pharmaceuticals
- R.P.G. pharmaceuticals
- Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals
- Rayh Health Care
- Sandoz a Novartis company
- Sanofi Aventis Pharmaceuticals
- Serum Pharmaceuticals
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Sunrise Remedies
- Systopic Pharmaceuticals - Excellence through People and Innovation
- Torrent Pharmaceuticals
- UCB Pharma
- Unichem Laboratories Limited
- Unique Pharmaceuticals
- USV Pharmaceuticals
- Walter Bushnell Pharmaceuticals
- Wockhardt Pharmaceuticals
- Wyeth Pharmaceuticals
- Zydus Pharmaceuticals