Torrent Pharmaceuticals Generic drugs
Torrent Pharmaceuticals is one of the oldest Indian drug-making companies. It was established in 1959 and now is included in the Top-10 pharmaceutical companies of the country by the volume of produced products and market capitalization.
Currently, the drug-making company has become a leader in the cardiovascular and central nervous system medications and generics productions. Besides, it and has established a substantial presence in gastrointestinal medications segment, diabetology, antibacterial, gynecology and pediatric segments and pain-medications segments. Torrent Pharmaceuticals continuously expands its spheres of activity as well as production and nowadays masters the segments of nephrology and cancer treatment.
The company is present in 70 countries and has seven fully-owned productions, research, and distribution outlets in Germany, U.S., Russia, Brazil, Philippines, Canada, and the UK. Besides, it is the only Indian company that produces insulin for the world antidiabetic medications leader, Dutch company Novo Nordisk.
History of Torrent Pharma Company
Torrent Pharmaceuticals in India is known as the enterprise ‘with the most first launches’ in the industry, meaning that it has more than any other drug-making enterprise launched new medications into the Indian market.
The company was established in 1959 under the name Trinity Laboratories and was renamed to its current name only in 1971. The company started with the production of active pharmaceutical ingredients for other drug makers with the aim to start developing and producing its own formulations and generics in the future. In 1980, it built its first formulation production facility and in just in three years, it started to export to overseas.
In 1998, the company built its first state-of-art research and development center. In the late 1990s, the company also started to apply and receive approvals from the drug-manufacturing regulation authorities of the developed countries with strictly-regulated markets such as Good Laboratory Practices Certificate from the Dutch Health Ministry, Brazilian ANVISA, U.S. FDA, World Health Organization, MHRA of the United Kingdome, The Therapeutic Goods Administration of Australia, and other global regulatory bodies.
These accreditations of the company’s facilities make it possible to expand its markets and embark on the production of more and more generic medications with the possibility to provide people from all around the world with cheaper modern essential medications.
In the beginning of the 2000s, the company began to expand its operations overseas acquiring production plants in Philippines, USA, Canada, later in Russia, UK, and Brazil. It continues to expand its horizons and is currently marketing around 1200 formulations around the markets of distribution.
Throughout the years of operation, the company received multiple awards among which are Pride of Asia International award for excellence in Pharmaceuticals Products, Sword of Honor for Occupational Health and Safety by British Safety Council, and many others.
Social responsibility program
Torrent Pharmaceuticals was one of the pioneers in India to introduce programs for workers that cover wellness, health and workplace safety, education and professional training. Besides ensuring the safe and friendly workplace, the company also introduced a worker-friendly loan policy with the interests lower than average on the market, Health Insurance Policy for parents, Personal Accident Insurance Policy, and financial support in the event of demise.
The other social programs by the company include continuous sponsoring of medical institutions, for instance, U.N. Mehta Institute of Cardiology and Research Centre; Pediatric Healthcare Program aimed at prophylaxis of child diseases via the providing of needed diagnostic and therapeutic facilities; creation of Swadhar Community Health Care Centre to provide primary health care to the residents of twenty villages neighboring SUGEN Plant; Mobile Health Van rendering care to women and children from unprivileged, slum population, an others.
Besides the medical programs, Torrent Pharma also initiates environmental care programs and educational solutions sponsoring schools, universities, and other institutions. To know more about them you can visit the company’s official website.
Torrent Pharmaceuticals production facilities
The company has 8 manufacturing facilities among which are a facility in the U.S., UK, Russia, Brazil, and Philippines. In India, Torrent Pharma has the facilities that produce APIs (the active pharmaceutical ingredient used as the base for the drugs made by other companies) and formulations (ready-to-use drugs). All of the facilities have necessary certification based on where they export the products. For instance, the facility that makes APIs and formulations for the U.S., UK and European market, Australia, and Canada is certified by USFDA, BfArM/RP Oberbayern (Germany), MHRA (UK), TGA (Australia), HPFB (Canada), and so on.
The quality control department that overviews all plants is responsible for the timely update of the guidelines, appliances, and technologies so that the production facilities and processes correspond to the rules and norms established by the World Health Organization under the current Good Manufacturing Practice.
Research & Development
The company’s modern research and development Centre is located at Bhat. The Centre occupies over a hundred thousand square meters, it is equipped with one of the most innovational appliances and employs 1020 highly-skillful and qualified scientists and researchers whose passion is to invent and improve medical preparations to help people around the globe lead a longer and painless life. The company’s R&D focuses on the development of novel drug delivery systems, extended release formulations, new drugs, and biosimilars, i.e. analogs of expensive disease-modulating medications.
To date, the R&D department achieved the filing of almost a thousand patents for Novel Drug Delivery Systems and Novel Drug Discovery, as well as innovative processes of active pharmaceutical ingredients & formulations for various countries and four-hundred patents, had been granted to this date.
Torrent Pharmaceuticals products you can purchase at our drugstore
At the moment, we offer the following medications made by this producer:
- Cardizem (Diltiazem) is a calcium channel blocker, a thiazepine derivative that has antianginal, antiarrhythmic, and antihypertensive effects. The medication is used for the therapy of angina pectoris, arterial hypertension, to reduce ventricular rhythm in atrial fibrillation, and in other cardiovascular conditions at a doctor’s discretion. You can purchase the dosages of 30 mg, 60 mg, 90 mg, 120 mg, and 180 mg per pill in our Blood pressure medications section.
- Geodon (Ziprasidone) is an atypical antipsychotic drug, an antagonist of both serotonin and dopaminergic receptors. The antipsychotic activity of the drug is due to blockade of both types of receptors. The drug is used for the therapy and prevention of schizophrenia exacerbation and other mental disorders. It is effective in the therapy of productive and negative symptoms, as well as affective disorders. This medication is available in the dosages of 20 mg, 40 mg, and 80 mg per pill in our Antidepressant medications section.
- Lamictal (Lamotrigine) is an antiepileptic preparation used in the treatment of epilepsy and bipolar disorders as it has a mood stabilizer effect. It is assumed that the effect of the medication is due to the stabilization of the neuronal membranes by affecting the sodium channels and blocking of the excess release of excitatory amino acids (mainly glutamate) without reducing its normal release. The medication is available in the dose of 25 mg, 50 mg, 100 mg, and 200 mg in our Anticonvulsant medications section.
RXShopMD sells all medications without prescription what can help you significantly save your money on the treatment yet you need to consult your doctor before starting any therapy for your own benefit and safety.
Top medications by Torrent Pharmaceuticals:
Find the latest special offer from pharmaceutical companies:
- Abbott - A promise for life
- Ajanta Pharma Limited
- Aristo Pharmaceuticals
- AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals
- Aurochem Pharmaceuticals
- Aventis Pharma
- Bayer Pharmaceuticals
- Biochem Pharmaceuticals
- Blue Cross Pharma Industry
- Centurion Laboratories
- Chandra Bhagat Pharma Pvt.Ltd
- Cipla - Caring for life
- Combitic Global Caplet Pvt
- Consern Pharma PVT LTD
- Dharam Pharma Distributors
- Dr Reddy’s Pharmaceuticals
- Emcure Pharmaceuticals
- ESSA Pharma Inc.
- FDC Pharmaceuticals
- Fourrts Laboratories
- German Remedies
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
- HAB Pharmaceuticals
- HELIOS pharmaceuticals
- Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- IPCA - A dose of life
- J.B. Chemicals Pharmaceuticals
- Johnson and Johnson
- Khandelwal Pharma
- Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- MAC Labs
- Mankind Pharmaceuticals - Serving Life
- MSD Be well
- Novo Nordisk Pharma
- R.P.G. pharmaceuticals
- Rayh Health Care
- Sandoz a Novartis company
- Sanofi Aventis Pharmaceuticals
- Serdia Pharmaceuticals
- Serum Pharmaceuticals
- Solvay Pharmaceuticals
- Sun Pharma
- Sunrise Remedies
- Systopic Pharmaceuticals
- UCB Pharma
- Unichem Laboratories Limited
- Unicure Pharmaceuticals
- Unique Pharmaceuticals
- Vipro Lifes cience
- Walter Bushnell Pharmaceuticals
- Wockhardt Pharmaceuticals
- Wyeth Pharmaceuticals
- Zydus Pharmaceuticals