7 Basic tips for ADHD management
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder is a condition that is quite common among kids and adults too. In our age of huge amount of information flowing in our brains and social media distracting us every second, it is very hard to focus even for a person without ADHD. So if you are diagnosed for the disease, you don’t need to suffer in silence and hear the ridicules of other people who feel superior because they can focus and implement tasks easier.
How to cope with ADHD effectively?
1. First I want to say that if you feel that it is hard to focus and any task take longer than at your peers, you should consider getting diagnosed. Do not be ashamed to go to a doctor with such trouble. It is natural and you are not guilty that you find it hard to concentrate and learning or work goes slowly.
2. If you have the diagnosis, find the information about it besides what your doctor says. It is easier to solve the problem once you know its causes, how it manifests, what is the prognosis, what are the methods of treatment or management proposed by the orthodox and alternative medicine.
3. If your doctor prescribes you drugs, use them. The medicines offered for ADHD today, such as, for instance, Strattera, are safe and effective. You don’t need to be scared to take the pills if they can substantially improve your life. If the drug is expensive for you, you can buy generic Strattera instead. It is the same medication simply made by other companies who do not promote their medicines and sell them cheaper.
4. Improve your eating habits. It may surprise you but food can make us able to focus better or, on the contrary, feed the hyperactivity and interfere with concentration. You can find plenty of information on the Internet about this but in short it is as simple as cutting sugar, saturated fats (fast food), and increasing vegetables and greens content.
5. Do sports. It can make you healthier, improve your shape, and also help with focusing. Physical activity helps your brain release the chemicals that are lacking in ADHD, it can also help with depression, anxiety, and other unpleasant accompanying conditions. Studies have shown that working out can help increase overall memory and concentration. Choose the sport you like, it could be dancing, swimming, playing tennis, or simply going to a gym. Do not do sports that you don’t like, the best results come if you enjoy what you do.
6. Let the brain rest. In people with attention deficit disorder, the brain works constantly. To assist it, you need to provide the brain with maximum relaxation. Several times a day, take a short break from any distracting factors, turning off all types of electronic devices. Find a quiet place where you can sit for about five minutes away from the noise. Try active meditation as a relaxation for the brain. So your brain will stop a little and understand what happened to it.
7. Divide the work into parts. Because of ADHD, big projects can seem complicated and impossible. This makes adults with ADHD look for a way out. Instead of panic, divide the task into several simple and feasible parts. If your boss or professor gave a task that needs to be completed in a month, divide it into small tasks that need to be done daily. Write down what you need to do every day, and underline the parts of a large assignment when you are done. If the daily assignments are too complicated, try to give yourself assignments every hour. As soon as you set a task, immediately take up its implementation. If you completed part of the task on time, congratulate yourself and reward somehow. Let it be a small reward, which does not mean the completion of the entire project.
Where you can get Strattera?
Many people with ADHD do not use medicines because they are expensive or because visits to a doctor for a prescription are expensive. But there is a way out! You can buy Strattera or other medicines for ADHD online without a prescription if you opt for the online drugstore located outside the U.S.