COVID-19 USA statistics, crucial data, and treatment
Meanwhile, the president Donald Trump says he wants the country to “open and be ready to rush forward” by mid-April, the spread of COVID-19 in the USA makes the World Health Organization (WHO) release worrisome statements that the country can become the new main epidemic epicenter. Although the president seems to be very optimistic about ending the quarantine shortly, there are no premises.
Dr. Thomas File Jr., head of the Infectious Diseases Society of America, said that softening the requirements for social distance and other restrictions on an “arbitrary date,” when the coronavirus continues to spread, will lead to an accelerated spread of the disease, overload medical facilities that are still experiencing a shortage of necessary equipment, and will lead to loss of life that can be prevented.
According to Dr. File, the president should set a date for lifting national restrictions on social distance only if there is medical evidence that is safe.
The factors that make world and local healthcare officials have such pessimistic predictions for COVID-19 USA statistics are based on the facts that:
- By the March 25, the speed of spread of the new coronavirus in the USA is faster than anywhere in the world. Based on the statistics provided by the WHO, 85% of new cases of COVID-19 in the world in the last week are in Europe and the USA, of which 40 percent are in the United States.
- The epidemic hit the country only two weeks ago but now the country holds the third place in the world COVID-19 statistics on the number of infected people.
- Only a half of the country’s population resides in the states with the recommended self-quarantine and isolation while the other half of the country may or may not follow the advice on social distancing.
- According to the recent reports of the media, young adults on their spring break do not follow the social distancing advise at all while the number of hospitalized people aged 20-40 in the country is higher than in China and Italy, two other epicenters of the disease. In New York city, the percentage of young hospitalized patients is 53.
- There might be the first case of the teenager death due to COVID-19 registered in California that can mean that even the younger populations now have a higher chance of life-threatening complications. (the case of death is still analyzed).
COVID-19 cases by states, March 25
Is it possible to prevent the USA from becoming COVID-19 epicenter?
The WHO spokeswoman, Margaret Harris, says that the COVID-19 statistics in the USA are quite pessimistic but there is still a chance for the country of not becoming the new epicenter. For that, she says that these measures should be implemented:
- Test everyone who is ill; - Identify everyone who had been in contact with the positive patients;
- Ensure quarantine for the positive patients and those who have been in contact;
- Ensure medical workers have sufficient protection means.
The US states where stay-at-home orders are implemented by the March 25:
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- West Virginia
Are there COVID-19 treatments?
For the majority of infected people bed rest, drinking plenty of water, and taking paracetamol or other antipyretics is sufficient for battling the infection. However, if the symptoms progress, hospitalization and artificial lung ventilation is required. Thus, it is important to follow the rules of social distancing to ensure that less people get infected at the same time so those who need ICU treatment will be able to receive it.
The FDA had also approved the antimalarial medication Chloroquine for the COVID-19 treatment. And Chinese doctors have tried a combined HIV medication Lopinavir + Ritonavir with positive results. It is presumed that the hospitals will treat with these medicines only the patients in critical condition. So if you want to have them at hand, you can order these medicines online from the internationally shipping online drugstores like ours.