How to know if you have high estrogen and how to balance it? Quick tips guide
To be healthy and live a happy life we need to pay attention to the signs our body sends use to indicate that something is wrong. For instance, to have a good shape, metabolism, mental health, and in general a healthy life we need to have our hormones balanced but they can easily become unbalanced due to our lifestyle, age, weight loss or gain, and so on. In this article, we will discuss the dangers of elevated estrogen levels in women, how to detect and cope with them with natural means. There are multiple signs of the hormonal imbalance and particularly elevated levels of estrogen and it’s not surprising as this female sex hormone plays an important role in multiple processes. For instance, flatulence, irregular or painful periods, low libido, diabetes risk, elevated arterial pressure and so on can be a sign of the imbalance.
These are ten easily noticeable signs that your estrogen level is elevated:
1. Fast body mass increase. If you notice that you started gaining too much weight lately especially if your diet hadn’t changed drastically and yet you also experience bloating, it is a warning sign of high estrogen levels.
2. Abundant periods. There are certain norms in the volume of periods typical for a normal hormonal balance. If you always had or have recently started having more intense periods that before, it is a good idea to go to a gynecologist and check your hormones.
3. Low libido. Estrogen heavily influences libido in women: if it rises too high – libido (sex drive) disappears, if it falls low – the same thing will happen. If without any obvious reason you notice that recently you do not quite want intimacy, make sure to check your estrogen.
4. Pain in the breasts. Increased sensitivity in the breasts almost always is noticed before menstruation and if this and the feeling of swelling are persistent regardless of periods, it may be a sign of the hormonal imbalance.
5. Intermittent menstrual cycle. If you suffer from irregular periods, it is also likely a sign of estrogen increase. Although this hormone can contribute to heavy periods it can also make them rare or, on the contrary, too frequent.
6. Mood fluctuations. The hormonal imbalance can easily influence your mental health. It is proven that the excess of estrogen can contribute to the development of generalized anxiety disorder, depression, and panic attacks. So, if you have the symptoms of these conditions, especially if they are combined with the other symptoms from this list, you should definitely get a hormonal checkup.
7. Recurring headaches. Excess of estrogen can also manifest in frequent headaches and even migraines. If you started suffering from them more often than before, you know what to do!
8. Hair falling off. If you suffer from hair loss and are already tired using a million of cosmetic means that do not seem to help, you should know that this problem can also be caused by high estrogen.
9. Sleeplessness. When there is a problem in our body, it usually signalizes about it through such signs as insomnia, or, on the contrary, excessive sleepiness. It is considered that persistent insomnia in women is often associated with an excess of estrogen production.
10. Coldness of limbs. Cold limbs are like this because of impaired blood circulation in them. It may sound surprising, but estrogen also influences the blood circulation in the limbs so their coldness can be another sign of hormonal imbalance.How can you balance estrogen level with natural means?
Naturally, if you discover that you suffer from the symptoms due to the excess of estrogen, it is highly advised to consult a doctor and follow his or her recommendations on your therapy. However, there are some additional natural remedies that can be of great help. They include:
1. Add rosemary to your usual spices. This spice is not only tasty and natural, it has a plethora of healthy properties such as acceleration of metabolism, improvement of cognitive function, as well as improvement of thyroid gland function which is by the way responsible for the production of estrogen.
2. Increase the consumption of cruciferous vegetables. Such vegetables as spinach, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, kale, and many others have in their compound indole-3-carbinol, an agent that helps the liver to clean the body in case there is an estrogen imbalance.
3. Eat flaxseed. Flaxseed is an amazing product that is rich in omega-3, helps to clean the bowel in a natural and gentle way, and, at the same time, has substances that help control how much of estrogen will bind to estrogen receptors.
4. Add to your diet products reach in isoflavones. Isoflavones are plant estrogens that are present in herbs such as Trifolium pratense, Puerari montana, and Pueraria lobata. This natural substance is compatible with our hormonal system and gently, without sharp increases or decreases can balance estrogen.
5. Take folic acid additives even if you are not pregnant. Women who have children know that folic acid is always prescribed for pregnant women. But the thing is that this substance is also very beneficial for women who do not expect a baby. This agent is present in the same vegetables as the above-mentioned indole-3-carbinol and has a property that allows it transforming excessive estrogen into an active form that minimizes the risk of hormone-dependent cancer.Disclaimer
Please note that this article about the symptoms and treatment of estrogen excess is for information only. We offer you to buy estrogen medications at our online med store without a prescription but we highly encourage you to consult a healthcare specialist, preferably gynecologist or endocrinologist, before you undertake any treatment measures to lower the level of estrogens. However, the advice we give about the natural products that are beneficial for the normalization of estrogen level are safe unless you have an individual intolerance of one or another product.