Arthritis is a collective term used in relation to all conditions that affect joints. It can develop as the main condition, for instance, spondylitis, an inflammatory disease of the spine, or a manifestation of another disease, for instance, rheumatism. It can be f acute or chronic form with the affection of one or several joints. There are numerous causes for the condition based on which the therapy is selected. In this section you can buy arthritis medications without prescriptions.
Drugs associated with Arthritis:
There are over 100 types of arthritis. It is a very widespread condition. According to the official data, only in the U.S. over forty-two millions of people are affected by the disease. Moreover, this disease is the primary cause of disability in the country and every sixth individual diagnosed with it is handicapped due to the condition. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention report that this disease affects the economy of the country as moderate economic decline. The management of the condition requires the total spending of 64 billion of dollars yearly in the United States only. Besides, the reduction of productivity of employees with the condition also causes significant losses. As for the developing countries such as Brazil, China, India, Malaysia, Mexico, and so on, according to the World Health Organization, the situation is the same but we don’t have the official precise data since in those countries the control over the disease is not that effective due to fact that many people from the lower social classes do not address for medical help.
Over time, the number of people affected by the disease gradually increases. Canadian scientists forecast that in the next ten years the number of people with arthritis in the country will increase by one million. As a response to such fast pace of the disease spread, the World Health Organization declared the years 2000-2010 the decade of the fight with the bone and joint diseases. This initiative was introduced to encourage medical workers to pay more attention and input all effort into the facilitation of the lives of those who suffer from diseases of the musculoskeletal system, including arthritis and raise awareness of the risk factors as well as spread information about the disease prophylaxis.
What causes arthritis and other joint and bone diseases?
Currently, the reasons for arthritis are not fully studied. The most widely accepted theory is that the condition is an immune-genetic reaction, i.e. a reaction of the body to the provoking factors due to the genetic defect of the immune system. The provoking, trigger factors can be bacterial infections such as (tuberculosis, brucellosis), metabolic disorders (for example, gout), trauma, and so on.
It is considered, that the basis of arthritis development is autoimmune dysfunction, and especially disorders in the regulation of the synthesis of rheumatoid factor (which is an antibody to immunoglobulins) and immunocomplex processes conducting to the development of synovitis (synovial membrane inflammation), and in some cases, generalized vasculitis (a disorder that destroys vessels through inflammation). The deformation of joints in arthritis is provoked by the development and growth in the synovial membrane of the granulation tissue, which gradually destroys the cartilage and subchondral parts of the bones, the formation of erosions, with the development of sclerotic changes, fibrous, and then bone ankylosis. The typical subluxations and contractures are due in part to changes in tendons, serous bags and joint capsule.
Classification of arthritis
As we have already mentioned, there are over a hundred types of arthritis that differ by the condition that caused it and manifestation. However, the most commonly diagnosed types of the disease are osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
In this section, we are going to discuss what types of arthritis are the most frequent and what can cause them as a primary factor.
The primary arthritis types, i.e. an independent disease without the underlying cause are:
- Osteoarthritis is a deforming type of arthritis the cause of which is the damage to cartilaginous tissue.
- Rheumatoid arthritis is a systemic disease of the connective tissue predominantly affecting small joints in an erosive-destructive polyarthritis way with complex autoimmune pathogenesis.
- Septic arthritis is damage to joints caused by an infection.
- Gout and pseudogout are metabolic disorders characterized by the deposition in various tissues of the organism of crystals of uric acid salts.
- Juvenile idiopathic arthritis is a inveterate disease defined by persistent inflammatory state of the joints that develops in children younger than sixteen years.
- Still's disease is a form of juvenile arthritis, which is defined by seronegative chronic polyarthritis in combination with a systemic inflammatory process that develops in children under the age of 16 years.
- Spondylitis is an inflammatory disease of the spine.
Based on the nature of the disease, you must consult your healthcare provider what preparations you need and then buy arthritis medications at our online pharmacy to save on the therapy significant amount of money.
Arthritis caused by other diseases:
- Systemic lupus erythematosus is a diffuse connective tissue disease, characterized by a systemic immunocomplex lesion of connective tissue and its derivatives, with vascular lesions of the microcirculatory bed.
- Purpura is a medical symptom characteristic of the pathology of one or more links of hemostasis manifested in small-capillary hemorrhages in the skin, under the skin or in mucous membranes.
- Psoriatic arthritis is a form of arthritis that accompanies psoriasis, a chronic non-infectious disease, dermatosis, affecting mainly the skin.
- Reactive arthritis is an inflammatory disease characterized by joint damage, developing after the certain infections of the genitourinary, intestinal, or nasopharyngeal tract.
- Hemochromatosis is a hereditary, genetically determined disease, manifests itself as a violation of the exchange of iron with its accumulation in tissues and organs.
- Hepatitis is an inflammatory disease of the liver, usually of a viral origin.
- Granulomatosis is an inflammation, which is characterized by the formation of granules (nodules) that result from the proliferation and transformation of cells capable of phagocytosis.
- Borreliosis is an infectious predominantly transmissible disease with a large polymorphism of clinical manifestations and caused by at least five species of the Borrelia spirochete genus
- Crohn’s disease is a severe chronic immune-mediated granulomatous inflammatory disease of the gastrointestinal tract, which can affect all of its parts, from the oral cavity and ending with the rectum, with the predominant lesion of the terminal segment of the ileum and ileocolitis.
The inflammation of joints can be also provoked by other conditions and traumas and is diagnosed based on the symptoms.
How to know if you suffer from arthritis? The most common signs of the disease
All forms of arthritis are manifested in ache syndrome the character of which contingent on the type of arthritis. Also, the disease is frequently accompanied by reddening of the skin, restriction of mobility in the joint, changing of its shape. Often, the affected joints unnaturally crack under load/pressure. A person with arthritis may experience difficulties in cases when physical force is needed.
The elements, availability, and severity of symptoms help to make a precise diagnosis. The important factors are the time for how long the symptoms present, the pace of their progression, the presence of morning stiffness, pain, "locking" of the joint due to inactivity, etc.
If you have these symptoms, you can buy arthritis medications without prescription from our med store but we still strongly advise you to consult your therapist first to be sure that you choose the right preparation.
The diagnosis is a rather difficult task. This is because the causes that provoke the disease can be different. Some types of the disease are very widespread and therefore easily diagnosed, but there are some rare types in which the correct diagnosis is possible to be made by an experienced doctor after a thorough examination of the patient and whole health history. For the choice of therapy for the treatment of the disease, it is necessary to diagnose and determine which factor led to the development of the pathological process.
Diagnosis of arthritis consists of the following data:
1. A thorough history of the disease based on the reported symptoms.
2. Detection of its connection with allergic, infectious diseases, trauma, and so on.
3. A characteristic clinical picture of arthritis.
4. Laboratory examination method (when examining a patient, identify signs of inflammation, increased uric acid level, the presence of antibodies to hemolytic group A streptococcus, etc.).
5. Instrumental diagnostics (radiography, ultrasound, computer or magnetic resonance imaging).
6. Investigation of synovial fluid.
In recent years, a new method of diagnosis has been used. It is called arthroscopy. It allows a thorough checking of the joint cavity, and the testing of synovial fluid. Although, the major and more affordable methods of diagnosis are x-ray and computed tomography.
To diagnose arthritis, to identify its cause, and therefore, the correct choice of the prescribed treatment, a comprehensive examination of the patient is necessary. All data obtained during the survey then should be associated with the clinical picture of the disease.
Treatment and prophylaxis of arthritis
With age, the risk of arthritis only increases, therefore, prevention must begin in youth.
The risk factors include excessive weight, malnutrition, frequent injuries and fractures, a strong strain on the joints associated with working conditions.
For the prevention of arthritis it is necessary to follow these rules:
- Avoid gaining excessive weight since it increases the wear and tear of the joints;
- Lift the weights correctly, without bending the spine to the left and to the right, avoiding injuries and unnecessary loads on the joints and muscles;
- Doing regular exercises since a well-developed "muscle corset" reduces the strain on the joints;
- Follow a balanced diet, including polyunsaturated fatty acids (fatty fish, fish oil) and calcium (dairy products, fish) in the diet, also to exclude animal fats (the source of "bad" cholesterol), add more vegetables and fruits.
- Reduce the intake of sugar and other fast carbohydrates of carbonated beverages;
- Do not smoke and do not drink alcohol - it also affects the joints negatively;
- Maintain proper posture, which reduces the burden on the joints;
- Correctly organize the workplace so that it was comfortable to sit, you did not have to bend forward, throw your head back, strain your back and neck;
- Take breaks in the work associated with prolonged sitting/standing. In breaks, do light exercises.
If you have already developed arthritis, you must identify the cause of it with your doctor to exclude infection or other underlying condition that can require the treatment. If you do have an underlying condition, you need to focus on treating it first. If the inflammation of joints is caused by the age, excessive weight, and so on, you can start doing physiotherapy or light workout approved by your doctor to tone the muscles. Besides, your healthcare provider can prescribe you nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medicines or other anti-arthritis medications which you can find at our online pharmacy at affordable prices. You can buy arthritis medications in this section or other sections of our pharmacy based on the underlying condition.
The most popular medications for the therapy of arthritis that you can buy in this section are:
- Generic Arava or Leflunomide from the pharmaceutical company IPCA which is an antirheumatic preparation used to treat rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis. It has antiproliferative, immunomodulating (immunosuppressive) and anti-inflammatory action.
- Generic Arcoxia or Etoricoxib produced by the pharmaceutical company Ranbaxy. It is used for the management of rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, acute gouty arthritis; and also for the short-term treatment of postoperative pain after dental and gynecological operations. Generic Arcoxia or Etoricoxib is a synthetic drug that is a representative of coxibs, and belongs to the group of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. It renders pronounced analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic effect, the strength of the painkiller effect of the medication is comparable with the effect of other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory preparations and some narcotic analgesics.