Generic Diovan (Valsartan 40 mg) guide:
What is Generic Diovan?
Generic Diovan is a collective name for all medications identical to the brand-name medication known in the U.S. as Diovan. The general name is used to help people who need the drug, find its cheaper analogs which have the same formulation and composition. The active substance for the drugs is Valsartan, an antihypertensive agent, angiotensin II receptor blocker. In 2008, 2009 ? 2010 the medication was the most popular drug used to treat hypertension in the world. It is also the most studied drug from this class as the total number of patients who participated in the clinical trials made to prove the drug’s efficacy and safety included over 140 thousands of patients from all around the world.
When should you start using Generic Diovan?
The most obvious answer is – you should buy Generic Diovan if your doctor prescribes you Diovan. If you don’t have a prescription from your doctor but have primary hypertension, secondary hypertension, congestive heart failure, or suffered acute myocardial infarction, you can also start using the medication. However, before you do so, you need to talk to your therapist or cardiologist about your general health condition and whether namely Valsartan (the active substance of the medication) will be suitable for you.
How should you use the pills when you order Generic Diovan online?
You may think that the dosage regimens of the brand medication and its generics differ but they don’t. Since a registered generic must comply with the original formula and composition, as well as the dosage of the active ingredient per pill, the methods of use, doses, and the treatment course lengths are the same as for the brand-name drug. In this medication guide you can find the dosages that are usually prescribed for patients with certain conditions. But to be sure that they are suitable for you, please talk to your therapist.
- In all kinds of arterial hypertension in adults the daily dosage is 80 mg. If it is insufficient, the daily dose can be raised to 320 mg gradually, i.e. increasing the dosage after 4 weeks of the treatment to 160 mg and then to a higher dosage in a week or two if the effect is still insufficient. The optimal therapeutic dosage is 160 mg a day taken in one intake.
- In the type of congestive heart failure in which the use of the medication is suitable, the starting daily dosage for adults is 80 mg divided into two intakes. The dosage can be increased gradually if necessary to 320 mg a day divided into two intakes.
- For the prevention of repeated myocardial infarction, the drug is taken not sooner than 12 hours after the acute infarction. The starting dosage is 40 mg divided into two intakes. If the dosage is well tolerated, it can be increased to 80 mg divided into two intakes a week after the treatment start. It can be further increased subsequently upon the decision of your doctor to 320 mg a day divided into two intakes.
The medication can be also used for the therapy of hypertension in children older than 6 years of age. The starting dosage is 1.3 mg per kilogram of the body weight taken once a day. The dosage can be increased to 2.7 mg per kilogram of the body weight once a day if the drug is well-tolerated but the desired effect is not achieved. Sometimes for the treatment of children pills should be crushed and mixed with water to create a suspension with the right dosage.
Dosage adjustments of Diovan
Before you order Diovan, make sure to check your kidneys. The drug is contraindicated to be take in people with severe kidney impairment with creatinine clearance less than 30 ml per minute. If the creatinine clearance is higher than 30 ml per minute, but not in the range of a normal rate, you may need to take lower dosages.
How does Valsartan act?
The medication causes competitive block of at1 angiotensin II receptors that are localized in the blood vessels, kidney tissue, cardiac muscle, brain, adrenal cortex, and lung tissue. Through this, the angiotensin effects such as narrowing of the blood vessels and aldosterone secretion are suppressed.
The medication diminishes the hypertrophy of the myocardium developed on the basis of arterial hypertension. The medication doesn’t influence the glucose level, cholesterol, uric acid, and triglycerides and can be used in people with diabetes. After a single intake, the hypotensive effect is observed in 2 hours and maintains up to 24 hours. The stable therapeutic effect is observed after 3-4 weeks of the therapy.
Additionally, the drug diminishes swelling and prevents pathological proliferation of cells. The drug decreases preload and increases cardiac output. When combined with captopril, Valsartan can reduce the risk of post-infarction complications.
What adverse reactions can Diovan pills use cause?
Before you buy Diovan or its generic, you need to acknowledge and be prepared that it can cause certain adverse reactions such as weakness, headache, dizziness, fatigue, flu-like symptoms, abdominal pain, diarrhea, and others.
Here are listed only several side effects which are the most frequent ones. If you notice any other side effects, especially, related to heart function, difficulty breathing, numbness of limbs, or others, seek medical assistance immediately or at least call your doctor to ask what you should do.
For whom Generic Diovan use is contraindicated?
You should not order Valsartan if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, have hypersensitivity to the drug’s components, severe liver or kidney failure.
Besides the listed conditions, the drug should also be cautiously used in stenosis of the renal arteries, dehydration, low-sodium diet, bile duct obstruction, and mild to moderate kidney failure.
How does Diovan (Valsartan) interact with other medications?
Before you buy Generic Diovan, make sure that you are not using any medications that are incompatible with this antihypertensive drug. Here you can find the most significant interactions of Valsartan with other medications. If you are unsure whether the medications or supplements that you use fall into one of the listed categories or not, consult the doctor who prescribed you Diovan.
- Combined use with potassium-sparing diuretics or any medications or supplements that contain potassium can cause the increase of potassium levels in the blood plasma.
- When Diovan is taken at the same time with Lithium, the concentration of the latter in the blood plasma and toxicity of the medication increase.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs contribute to the lowered effect of the antihypertensive medication and can cause violation of the kidney function.
- Diuretics enhance the antihypertensive effect of the drug.
- If the medication is combined with other angiotensin II receptor antagonists, the effect is enhanced yet increases the chance of severe hypotension development, hyperkalemia, and violation of the normal kidney function.
What should you do in an overdose with Diovan (Valsartan)?
When you buy Generic Valsartan without a prescription at an online pharmacy you may think that the medication is pretty safe and an overdose will do no harm to. But it is not true. In the overdose you can suffer from the blood pressure lowered below norm, irregular, rapid or slowed down heart rate.
The first thing you should do is induce vomiting if not more than 2 hours after the increased dosage intake had passed. Then, call the ambulance or go to a hospital as you may need administration of certain medications for symptomatic treatment intravenously.
Where to buy Generic Diovan (Valsartan)?
The best place to buy the medication and save on the treatment without compromising its quality is to order the pills from our online pharmacy. We sell both brand medication and qualitative and safe generics at the prices considerably lower than the drugstores in the U.S. Moreover, we are able to sell the drug over-the-counter legally as we operate from the country where such medications are not as strictly controlled.
Diovan (Valsartan) shipping by RXshop
We offer you two shipping options: standard and express. We ship to any corner of the world. If you reside in the U.S., we will send the parcel via USPS. All orders come with tracking numbers. You can find out more about the shipping cost, our special offers and discounts at the FAQ section or consulting our customer support managers via online chat, toll-free phone call or email.
Our doctor prescribes Valsartan online for free, and there is no doctor’s consultation fee.
All orders of Valsartan arrive in discrete unmarked parcels. We leave the shipment description blank.