More facts about Generic Norvasc (Amlodipine 2.5 mg):
Generic Norvasc (Amlodipine 2.5 mg) guide:
What is Generic Norvasc?
Generic Norvasc is a general term used for all medications that are the same as the brand-name drug sold in the U.S. as Norvasc. They are practically the same drugs simply manufactured by other pharmaceutical companies but are made using the same formulation and active antihypertensive substance called Amlodipine.
When is Generic Norvasc used?
You can buy Generic Norvasc if your therapist or cardiologist prescribes you the brand-name drug but you want to save on the pills and do not pay a lot of money for a widely-advertised name. If your therapist hadn’t prescribed you the drug but you are suffering from any of the conditions listed below, you can consult your therapist about the possibility to use the drug if you believe that it would be more suitable than your current therapy.
The medications having the active component Amlodipine are primarily taken alone or along with other means for high arterial pressure (in adults and kids), coronary artery disease, and angina.
How Amlodipine acts?
Here you can find a simplified version of the preparation action description which can be interesting for people who do not have any medical background but plan to order Amlodipine.
The medication blocks calcium channels, decreases the entering of calcium ions into the cells of smooth muscles of the blood vessels which results in their lesser excitation.
Antianginal action of the drug is explained by the dilation of the coronary and peripheral arteries.
In angina, the drug helps myocardium with limited blood and oxygen supply to function properly, lowers systemic resistance in the vessels, afterload, the need of myocardium for oxygen through the raised inflow of oxygen to the organ, and prevents contraction of the coronary arteries (included induced by smoking), reduces enlargement of myocardium and left ventricle.
The medication also increases physical exercises tolerance, lowers the frequency rate of angina attacks, stops the aggregation of thrombocytes.
Since the medication doesn’t cause any negative impact on the metabolism and level of lipids in the blood, it can be used for the therapy of people with asthma, diabetes type 2 and gout.
Is there a discrepancy in the way of use if you order Generic Norvasc instead of the brand?
No, if you buy the preparation of the same dosage per pill, you should use it in the same manner as you would use the brand-name drug. Below you can find the instruction on the generally recommended dosages for different groups of patients that are valid both for the brand and generic medications.
Dosage standards for different conditions and groups of patients
- The therapy of hypertension in adults with healthy kidney function is started with 5 mg Norvasc or the generic drug used once a day. The dosage can be increased if the starting dosage doesn’t provide the desirable effect but the drug is well-tolerated to 10 mg a day (the maximal daily dosage). The dose increase should be preferably made not sooner than one or two weeks after the therapy start to realistically assess how the medication acts. Worth noting that patients with the body mass index in normal to the lower range may need a lower starting and maintenance dosages, 2.5 mg and 5 mg respectively.
- The therapy of hypertension in children is possible in kids starting from the age of 6. The starting daily dosage is 2.5 mg which can be subsequently, after one-two weeks of the treatment, increased to the maximum of 5 mg taken once a day.
- The therapy of hypertension in senior people is started with a half of the regular daily dosage, i.e. 2.5 mg a day instead of 5 mg. The dosage can be increased in 1-2 weeks if the drug is well-tolerated but the hypotensive effect is insufficient. The maximal dosage is 10 mg a day but there should not be a sharp increase of the dosage from 2.5 mg to 10 mg, it should be made gradually, e.g. after the first week, increase to 5 mg, then in 2 weeks, to 10 mg, if necessary.
- The therapy of angina pectoris in adults is started with 5-10 mg a day. The maximum daily dosage is 10 mg which is also the optimal therapeutic dosage.
- The therapy of angina pectoris in senior patients is started with 5 mg a day. If the effect is sufficient, the dosage can be left the same for the whole treatment course. If no desirable effect is achieved and the patient tolerates the medication well, the dosage can be increased to 10 mg in 2 weeks.
- The therapy of the coronary artery disease in adults is started with 5 mg a day. The dosage can be increased to 10mg in 1-2 weeks of the therapy. You should not order Norvasc for children or elderly patients for this condition unless the doctor says so.
There is no need to use reduced dosages in mild to moderate kidney failure though if you need to stop taking the drug it is advised to reduce the dosage gradually till the complete withdrawal.
People with mild to moderate liver function impairment are advised to start the therapy of hypertension with 2.5 mg and coronary artery disease/angina pectoris with 5 mg daily.
What adverse reactions can Norvasc (Amlodipine) pills use cause?
Before you order Generic Amlodipine, please get acquainted with the side effects the medication can cause. You can also consult your therapist about how you should react to these symptoms.
The most frequent negative effects noticed after the medication use are palpitations, swelling, nausea, flushes, muscle cramps, back pain, headache, dizziness, fatigue, mood fluctuations, depression, and others.
Who should not use the medication?
Do not buy Generic Norvasc if you are hypersensitive to the pills’ components, suffer from stable low pressure, obstruction of the outflow tract of the left ventricle, cardiogenic shock, or after myocardial infarction.
The drug is highly not advised during pregnancy and breastfeeding yet it can be prescribed if your physician thinks that the possible good will outweigh the risks.
The drug also should be cautiously taken by people with severe liver failure, mitral stenosis, certain types of heart failure, unstable angina, aortic stenosis, acute myocardial infarction (and a month after), sick sinus syndrome, and some other conditions.
What drugs are incompatible with Norvasc (Amlodipine)?
The list of the medications with which the medication interacts either positively or negatively is quite long. You can find it in the instruction that comes with the pills or better inform your physician about all medications, supplements, and so on, that you use and he or she will tell you whether they are compatible with the medication or not before you order Generic Norvasc.
Measures to take in the overdose with Norvasc
The symptoms of the overdose are extremely lowered blood pressure symptoms such as severe fatigue, fainting, paleness of skin, dizziness, and others.
First of all, once you realized that overdosed and if it is less than 2 hours after the pill intake, induce vomiting and then take a sorbent and call the emergency or go to a hospital as you may need a symptomatic treatment. If more time had passed from an increased dosage intake, go to the hospital immediately as soon as you realized that you overdosed.
Where to buy Generic Norvasc (Amlodipine)?
You can look for the medication at your local drugstores first of all to get the first dosage for the medication as soon as possible. But since usually the treatment requires a long-term use of the drug, it would be wise to order it online from our online drugstore. First of all, we won’t ask you for a prescription and you wouldn’t need to go to your doctor every time you need a refill. Secondly, our prices are greatly lower than at your local drugstores. Generics are designed absolutely in the same manner as brand medications but are cheaper because their manufacturers find ways to save on production and marketing and are not as greedy as the large brand owners. Nevertheless, in the U.S. even generics are expensive unlike in other countries of the world. But you don’t have to be a victim of this unfairness anymore.
Norvasc (Amlodipine) shipping options
To get your medication even cheaper, choose standard shipping but remember that it can take up to one month so you should have enough pills at hand for that time. If you don’t have enough pills, choose express delivery that takes not more than 10 days. If you order pills for several months ahead, you can enjoy free shipping. Find out more the FAQ section of our online pharmacy or consult our pharmacists.
Our doctor prescribes Amlodipine online for free, and there is no doctor’s consultation fee.
All orders of Amlodipine arrive in discrete unmarked parcels. We leave the shipment description blank.