Toprol (Metoprolol 50 mg)
More facts about Generic Toprol (Metoprolol 50 mg):
Generic Toprol (Metoprolol 50 mg) guide:
What is Generic Toprol? How is it different from the brand drug?
Generic Toprol is a common name for all drugs that are identical to the brand medication known in the U.S. as Toprol. The term is used to facilitate the search for the needed medication to help the people who are looking for a way to purchase the same medication cheaper. Generics are cheaper because they are made by different pharmaceutical companies who choose not to advertise their drugs and are locating their facilities in the countries where the medication manufacturing is cheaper. Moreover, since the active substance on which the drugs are based was discovered in 1969, generics manufacturers do not invest in research.
When should the pills be used?
You can buy Generic Toprol for the treatment of angina pectoris, atrial fibrillation, for the prevention of myocardial infarction, ventricular premature beat, arrhythmia, and elevated arterial pressure.
These are the main indications for the medication use. However, your doctor can decide to give you the drug if you have other heart-related condition or that the drug is not suitable for you even for the conditions listed above. To be sure that the medication is safe and effective for you, make sure to have a consultation with your therapist or cardiologist before you start the therapy.
How to use Generic Metoprolol?
The instruction provides generally recommended dosages for the therapies of various conditions. However, you may need a dosage adjustment, different length of the treatment, and a combined therapy with the use of other medications for the same condition. Therefore, it is highly recommended not only to get acquainted with the instruction but also consult a specialist who will guide you through the treatment process.
The following dosage regimens are suitable for adults only.
- The therapy of hypertension is started with 50 mg taken two times a day or 100 mg taken once a day. The dosage alteration can be made one week or more after the therapy start. The maximum daily dosage is 450 mg a day.
- For the therapy for angina pectoris, the initial dose is 50 mg taken two times a day. The dosage alteration can be made one week or more after the therapy start. The maximum daily dosage for this condition is 400 mg a day divided into several intakes.
- For the avoidance of repeated myocardial infarction, the starting dosage is from 25 to 50 mg taken every six hours. The dosage can be later increased to 100 mg taken two times a day. It is preferable to start the therapy with the drug with intravenous infusions at the hospital first and then continue with the pills.
Metoprolol is also sometimes prescribed for the therapy of congestive heart failure in adults and children and hypertension in children. However, another form of pills is used – extended release tablets. Before you buy Generic Metoprolol for your child, make sure to clarify with your doctor and then the pharmacist which kind of pills should be used and which kind of pills you are purchasing.
If for some reason you need to stop taking the pills, you need to lower the daily dose gradually because sharp withdrawal can result in aggravation of the conditions that are being treated with the drug.
What is the mechanism of action of Toprol? How does the drug act?
Before you buy Toprol or its generic version, you may want to know how the medication provides its effect and what is it effect in fact. Here you can find a simplified explanation of the medication’s action.
The medication has an antianginal, antihypertensive, and anti-arrhythmic effects primarily through its effect on beta 1-adrenergic receptors on postsynaptic membranes. The medication contributes to the slowdown of the heart beat, lowers the involuntary movement of the sinus node, and decreases myocardial contractility and excitability. It also suppresses atrioventricular conduction and minimizes heart overload in physical or emotional stress.
Toprol (Metoprolol) dosage adjustments
There is no information on the dosage adjustments for people with mild to moderate liver and kidney failure yet caution should be exercised when undergoing the therapy with the medication.
Who should not use the drug?
You should not buy Metoprolol is you have previously used medications with the same active substance and experienced any adverse reactions, have atrioventricular block, suffered from cardiogenic shock, low blood pressure, sinus bradycardia (depends on severity), sinoatrial block, sick sinus syndrome, or peripheral blood circulation impairment.
The drug also should not be used during gestation and lactation.
You may be not aware of the conditions that you have. Therefore, you need to consult your therapist to be sure that the drug is safe for you before you purchase it and start the treatment course.
What adverse reactions can Metoprolol use cause?
Before you order Toprol, you need to be ready that even if you have no contraindications for the medication use, you can still have certain unpleasant symptoms while taking the medication. It’s not rare for people to start experiencing adverse reactions at the beginning of the therapy with their subsequent disappearing but it would be wise to consult your physician first to know how to react if any of them occur, i.e. whether you can just wait for them to be gone or seek urgent medical assistance.
The most common side effects of the drug are general weakness, headache, muscle seizures, fatigability, dizziness, and others.
The more dangerous adverse reactions include hypotension, impairment of the atrioventricular conduction, mouth dryness, swelling, congestive heart failure signs, symptoms of bronchial obstruction, i.e. coughing, shortness of breath and others.
What medications should you not combine Toprol with?
You risk lowering your blood pressure below the norm if you combine Metoprolol with sympatholytic drugs, nitroglycerin, diuretics, Nifedipine, and other drugs used to lower blood pressure.
- Antiarrhythmic medications and drugs for general anesthesia increase the risk of arrhythmia, lowered blood pressure, and slow heart rate occurrence.
- Cardiac arrest risk is very high in the combination of the medication with intravenous infusions of Verapamil or Diltiazem.
- The effect of the medication is reduced when it is combined with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, estrogens, Indomethacin, Aminophylline and adrenomimetics.
- When you buy Generic Toprol, you should know the medication extends and potentiates the effect of muscle relaxants.
- The drug causes negative effect on the nervous system when combined with alcohol or sedatives.
- If you have diabetes and order Metoprolol, you should now that the medication minimizes the effect of insulin and other anti-diabetic drugs and hypoglycemia can develop.
- The concentration of Metoprolol in the blood is increased with antacids, cimetidine, phenothiazines, and oral contraceptives.
- Rifampicin lowers Toprol concentration in blood.
- The medication impedes the clearance of Lidocaine and effectiveness of beta2-adrenomimetics.
- The drug is contraindicated to be used at the same time with type A MAO inhibitors.
What are the measures in the overdose with Generic Toprol?
The typical symptoms of the overdose are slowed down heart rate, seizures, labored breathing, blood pressure lowered below the norm, general weakness, dizziness, and others. If you took an increased dosage not more than 2 hours ago, try to vomit, and then take sorbents. If the symptoms persist or are moderate to severe, seek urgent medical assistance.
Where to buy Generic Metoprolol online?
The optimal place to purchase the medication cheap without being afraid of its poor quality is to order it from our online pharmacy. We sell brand and generic medications that come with all necessary certificates. We are able to offer lower prices because we run our business from the countries where the medications are reasonably priced unlike in the U.S. Moreover, in the countries we ship our drugs from, these medications are sold over-the-counter, and so we won’t ask you for a prescription.
Toprol (Metoprolol) shipping options
We offer worldwide delivery of our medications. We ship to the U.S. via USPS. Find out more about shipping pricing and terms, as well how you can apply for free shipping in the corresponding section of our online drugstore.
Our doctor prescribes Metoprolol online for free, and there is no doctor’s consultation fee.
All orders of Metoprolol arrive in discrete unmarked parcels. We leave the shipment description blank.