Cancer Symptoms, Treatment, Infomation.
The development of drugs and methods for the treatment of malignant tumors are important and still not completely solved scientific tasks.
Malignant tumors arise as a result of malignant transformation of normal cells, which begin to uncontrollably multiply, losing the ability to reach the final stage of the cell life cycle, apoptosis or the programmed cell death. Malignant transformation is caused by one or more mutations that cause cells to unrestrictedly divide and violate the mechanisms of apoptosis. If the body's immune system does not recognize this transformation in time, the tumor growths and eventually metastasizes. Metastases can be developed in all organs and tissues without exception. The most common metastases are formed in the bones, liver, brain, and lungs.
Uncontrolled cell division can also lead to a formation of a benign tumor. Benign tumors differ in that they do not form metastases, do not invade other tissues and therefore are rarely dangerous for life. However, benign tumors also have a chance to turn into malignant ones.
The final diagnosis of a malignant tumor is made after a histological examination of a tissue sample by a pathomorphologist. After diagnosis, surgical treatment, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy are prescribed. As the medical science improves, the treatment becomes more specific for each type of tumor. At our online pharmacy, you can buy cancer medications that are used either as a monotherapy or as an additional therapy of various forms of cancer.
Without treatment, malignant tumors usually progress up to a lethal outcome. Most tumors can be treated, although the results of treatment depend on the type of tumor, its location, and stage, i.e. the spreading of the cancer cells within the body.
Malignant tumors affect people of all ages but are more likely to occur in old age. This is one of the main causes of death in the developed countries. The appearance of many tumors is associated with the action of environmental factors, such as alcohol, tobacco smoke, ionizing radiation, ultraviolet radiation, and some viruses.
A recent study published in the Nature journal shows evidence that the development of tumors is influenced mainly by environmental factors, rather than by genetic predisposition. Researchers evaluated 30 major cell mutations leading to cancer (colon, lung, bladder, thyroid, etc.). It turned out that only 10-30% of them are caused by internal factors, such as heredity, while 70 to 90% of the mutations are directly related to exposure to harmful environmental factors. The data of this study are important in terms of developing strategies for the prevention of cancer.
There are many types of malignant tumors that are classified according to the organ in which the primary tumor appeared, such as cells that undergo malignant transformation, as well as the clinical symptoms observed in the patient. The field of medicine dealing with the study and treatment of malignant tumors is called oncology.
Symptoms of cancer
Considering that cancer can develop in basically any part of the body, it is hard to list common symptoms for each type of cancer. Especially it is hard to notice the symptoms of internal organs cancer as pain syndrome occurs only at the late stages of the disease. But based on your sex, history of the disease in your family, and other risk factors, you can pay special attention and undergo medical examinations of certain body systems or organs. For instance, for women over forty, it is important to check mammary glands regularly at home and visit breast physician at least once a year or more frequently if he or she says that you are in a risk group. For men, it is important to check their testicles for any suspicious nodes and go to the urologist or oncologist if they notice even the slightest changes. Smokers or people who work with toxic gases or are exposed to industrial dust need to check their lungs regularly. And those who have, for instance, hepatitis, suffered from any gynecological disorder or have the stomach ulcer, and so on, need to visit the specialists and undergo necessary tests of these organs every year or even more frequently.
The most common early noticeable cancer symptoms are unusual swelling or constriction, formation of small nodes under the skin, bleeding (for instance, blood in the stool), discharges from the nipples, blood-like discharges from the vagina or the penis, inflammation, high body temperature that doesn’t go away for a month can be a sign of lymphoma, jaundice, change of the mole (birthmark) color or shape, fast mole growth, and others.
Diagnosis of cancer
Considering that many of the cancer types are developing without any noticeable symptoms, the best way to catch the disease at an early stage is to undergo a comprehensive medical examination at least once a year or once in a half of year. Besides, if you notice any nods or started experiencing any unusual symptoms, you should not postpone an unscheduled visit to your doctor.
There are many methods of cancer diagnosis but usually not all of them are needed. For instance, if your doctor suspects that a certain organ is affected, you would need to check namely this organ. If it is about breasts, you would need to do ultrasound and mammogram. Then, if you are appointed surgery, a biopsy (the sample taken from the tumor) will be also made.
If your doctor suspects that you suffer from lung cancer or bone cancer, you would need to undergo X-ray or computed tomography.
If stomach tumor is suspected, gastroscopy with biopsy is the best method of diagnosis.
If bowel cancer is suspected, the best way to find out a precise diagnosis is colonoscopy or tomography if the colonoscopy cannot be made.
For melanoma diagnosis, i.e. malignancy of the mole, dermatoscopy, and biopsy are made.
In some cases, a doctor can detect whether you have a cancerous tumor or not during a physical examination but the more profound tests are needed to establish the stage of the condition, spread of the disease, and methods of treatment.
Cancer treatment methods
There are three main types of cancer treatment available and considered the most effective ones today – surgical removal of the tumor, chemotherapy, and radiotherapy. Sometimes these methods are combined. In other cases, some of them are not applicable. In any case, only a qualified oncologist based on the thorough tests can decide on the treatment methods you need.
Currently, there are different types of chemotherapy for different types of cancer which ensures better effect because of the specifics of different cancers and organs’ tissues.
Besides these main treatment methods, there are certain cancer drugs that your doctor can prescribe you along. For instance, in hormone-dependent tumors, it is important to suppress the production of a certain hormone to slow down or completely stop the growth of the tumor. At our online pharmacy, you can buy cancer drugs that are used for breast, ovarian, prostate, and other types of cancers.
Prevention methods for cancer
The goal of prevention is to reduce the incidence and severity of malignant tumors. It means: avoid exposure to carcinogens, changes in diet and lifestyle, and/or the use of appropriate products and drugs (chemoprophylaxis), lowered direct sun exposure, as well as conducting preventive examinations.
One of the important mutable factors affecting the incidence of lung cancer is smoking. Along with improper nutrition and environmental influences, smoking is an important risk factor for malignant neoplasms development. According to an epidemiological study in 2004, smoking was the cause of death in one-third of the deaths associated with cancer in many western countries. The likelihood of lung cancer in a smoker is several times higher than that of a non-smoker.
Furthermore lung cancer, cigarette smoking increases the likelihood and other types of cancerous tumors (oral cavity, esophagus, vocal cords) as well as other diseases such as emphysema. In addition, smoking increases the likelihood of malignant tumors development in others, so-called passive smoking victims.
Other factors that increase the frequency of malignant tumors include: alcoholic drinks (tumors of the oral cavity, esophagus, breast and other types of malignant tumors), lack of exercise (colon cancer and breast cancer), excessive body weight (cancer of the colon, breast, endometrium), and exposure to direct sunlight on the beach.
In the development of cancer, a certain role is played by viruses. For example, the hepatitis B virus increases the risk of developing tumors in the liver, and the human papillomavirus infection plays an important role in the onset of cervical cancer.
Cancer medications you can buy from Rxshop med store
Here we provide a short overview of the medications you can purchase at our online pharmacy. If you don’t find here the medication your doctor prescribed you, please do not hesitate to contact our pharmacists to find out whether this drug is available under a different name or is planned to be re-stocked.
- Generic Arimidex is the medication with the same compound and effect as the branded medication based on Anastrozole but made by another firm. It is used as an additional therapy of early hormone-dependent mammary gland (breast) cancer in women who reached menopause and advanced mammary gland (breast) cancer in postmenopausal women who are in menopause due to hormone therapy or surgery. It works by suppressing the hormone that contributes to the growth of hormone-dependent tumors.
- Generic Casodex by Cipla is a drug identical to the branded drug Casodex based on Bicalutamide. It is used as an addition or monotherapy of metastasized and non-metastasized prostate cancer in men as it suppresses the hormones that contribute to the tumor's growth.
- Generic Cytoxan is an antitumor, cytostatic, immunosuppressive, and alkylating medication made by Zydus Pharmaceuticals. It used for the treatment of small cell lung cancer, ovarian cancer, cervical, breast, bladder, prostate gland, testicular cancer, neuroblastoma, retinoblastoma, angiosarcoma, reticulosarcoma, lymphosarcoma, chronic lymphoblastic, myeloblastic, monoblast leukemia, lymphogranulomatosis, non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, myeloma, Wilms tumor, Ewing tumor, soft tissue sarcoma, osteogenic sarcoma, germ cell tumors, fungal mycosis ; autoimmune diseases, including systemic connective tissue diseases, incl. rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, autoimmune hemolytic anemia, nephrotic syndrome, and inhibition of rejection of transplant rejection.
- Generic Eulexin based on Flutamide and made by Cipla is used for the treatment of topical or metastatic prostate cancer as monotherapy (with or without surgery) or in combination with luteinizing hormone-releasing medications in patients who have not previously been prescribed any treatment or treatment for patients who do not respond or who have developed resistance to hormone therapy or intolerance to hormone therapy in order to achieve maximum androgenic blockade. Besides, it is used in combination therapy as one of the means for the treatment of locally limited prostate cancer to reduce the tumor volume, increase the control over the tumor, and increase the period between relapses of the disease.
- Generic Hydrea or Hydroxyurea made by Chandra Bhagat Pharma Pvt.Ltd is appointed for the therapy of chronic myelogenous leukemia, osteosarcoma, erythremia, essential thrombocythemia, melanoma; cancerous tumors of the head and neck (with the exception of the cancer of the lip) with the impossibility of radical surgical treatment or radiotherapy; and for cervical cancer (in combination with radiotherapy).
- Methotrexate produced by Cipla is appointed for the therapy of carcinoma of the uterus, lymphocytic leukemia, CNS tumors (leukemoid infiltration of the meninges), breast cancer, head and neck cancer, lung, bladder and stomach cancer; Hodgkin's disease, non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, bone sarcoma, Ewing's sarcoma, soft tissue sarcoma, and other types of cancer, refractory psoriasis, and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Generic Nolvadex identical to the branded medication based on Tamoxifen at our online pharmacy is presented from different producers – Cipla and Biochem Pharmaceuticals. The medications are the same and are used for the treatment of breast cancer, especially in women in menopause, in men after castration (removal of testicles), carcinoma of the mammary duct; adjuvant therapy of breast cancer, and for other estrogen-sensitive tumors including endometrial cancer. Its effect is based on the suppression of estrogens activity.