Medications for Skincare
Skincare category of our online pharmacy is dedicated to the products aimed to cope with severe acne, vitiligo, lice, and scabies. You can find out what skin care drug you need to buy by reading their short descriptions which are present on each product page for your convenience.
In this article, we overview the main signs and therapy methods of the skin conditions for which we sell the medications in this section. Read further to know more useful information.
Drugs associated with Skin Care:
Acne: overview of the disease
Acne is a common skin disease in which sebaceous glands on the back, face or chest of a person become inflamed, forming protruding pustules of pink color. The most common acne is found among the younger generation, at the age of puberty. According to statistical data, about 60% of people aged 13-25 years suffer from this disease. Among the older population, the problem of acne is not so acute - only 10% of people over 25 years old suffer from it.
It should be noted that although acne does not pose a serious threat to human life and is, for the most part, a cosmetic problem, it can cause severe mental disorders, especially in adolescents. Statistics say that up to 80% of adolescents consider acne as the most repulsive factor in a person's appearance, hence, the onset of the psychic and emotional disorders. Fortunately, nowadays you can buy skin care drugs for all kinds of acne that treat mild, moderate, and severe acne.
In most cases, by the end of puberty, acne goes completely, only in rare cases acne can remain a problem after 25 years.
Why does this disorder develop?
The most common causes of acne are the following:
- Blockage of the excretory ducts of the sebaceous glands;
- Increased production of sebum;
- Propionibacterium infection;
- Violation of hormonal balance.
Although there are quite a lot of likely causes for the onset of acne, the most frequent combination is the dysfunction of the sebaceous glands and the hormonal imbalance which is typical for the pubertal period. In addition, it is worth noting that unhealthy diet can also increase the likelihood of acne since the increased carbohydrate content increases the synthesis of fatty acids.
Signs of acne
The main and perhaps the only symptom of acne is the occurrence on the chest, back or face (those areas in which the largest number of sebaceous glands is concentrated) of purulent pink pimples. In severe forms of acne, the pimples can be very numerous and be bright red and painful.
How is the condition diagnosed?
Most commonly, acne is diagnosed either by a dermatologist or cosmetologist. There is no need to make any special tests to identify this condition. However, if your doctor wants to know whether there is an infection that causes increased inflammation, he or she can appoint you certain tests to find out whether the pathogen responsible for inflammation is susceptible to a certain antibiotic.
Types of the disease
Acne is classified by the severity of it. There are five severity stages of acne:
- The first-degree acne. At the first degree of the disease, acne has no signs of inflammation or suppuration and is localized only in the face area;
- The second-degree acne it defined by the presence of open or closed pimples with a slight suppuration;
- The third-degree acne. In the degree, abscesses are present on almost the whole face (on the forehead, cheeks, nose, chin), and also on the chest and back;
- The fourth degree is acne is the disorder caused by the hormonal imbalance. This type of disease occurs mainly in adult women. As a rule, the formations are localized at the bottom of the face along the line of the chin.
- The fifth degree of acne otherwise called follicular dermatitis is the most severe degree of acne. It is characterized by a large number of pustules, abscesses, and cysts all over the body.
If there are signs of acne, it is very important to consult a qualified specialist immediately without trying to overcome the disease by yourself. Quite often there are cases when self-treatment leads to complications and increased severity of the disease. It should also be remembered that the presence of acne in adolescence should not cause psychoemotional imbalances and depressions.
Treatment of acne
The therapy chosen for acne is contingent on the severity of the condition. In the mild degree acne, a topical application of medications can be sufficient. This includes, for instance, the use of creams and ointments for the prevention of the appearance of acne and the formation of excess sebum. Typically, such ointments contain substances such as adapalene (diferin), tretinoin, tetracycline or benzoyl peroxide.
For the treatment of more severe acne forms, the topical products can be insufficient. In such cases, doctors prescribe medications for oral intake. They can be retinoid drugs (a type of vitamin A), antibiotics or hormonal drugs, depending on the type and nature of acne. You can buy skin care drugs from these groups at our online drugstore.
There are also many cosmetic methods for getting rid of acne, for example, chemical peeling, facial cleansing, surface cryotherapy or facial massage. However, it should be understood that cosmetology can be used only after the elimination of the medical causes of acne, otherwise all sorts of procedures will not give the expected result.
Complications of acne
The most frequent complication of this pathology is the secondary infection. It can develop when acne is scratched or without any action on it.
Prophylaxis of acne
Prevention of acne is primarily personal hygiene. It is crucial to take care of the skin correctly. People who are predisposed to acne are not recommended to use fatty creams or ointments. Also, special attention should be paid to the choice of cosmetics. It is recommended to use quality cosmetics labeled "non-comedogenic".
Lice: overview of the disease
There are three types of lice: head scalp lice, pubic hair lice, and clothes lice. Lice are parasites that can only be transferred from a human and not by animals. Head scalp lice can be transferred by simply talking to an infected person, using their comb, or wearing a headpiece worn by an infected person. Pubic lice (crabs) are commonly spread through a sexual intercourse or use of the towel used by an infected person. Clothes lice are transferred through clothing, bedclothes, and so on.
The first symptoms of lice are mild itching. Then red spots on the places of bites can occur. The parasites presence is diagnosed by the visual examination as they are clearly seen in the hair or clothing. To eradicate lice, it is important to use skincare drugs made especially for this which can be found at our online pharmacy. But you need to acknowledge that the use of such drugs is not enough: if you or your family member has head lice, you must comb out the eggs of the parasites from the hair and wash all bedclothes with hot water or steam them. In case of pubic lice (crabs), the same is done but with the pubic hair and underwear. To get rid of clothes lice you need to wash in hot water all clothes and bed sheets and process the closet with special products.
Scabies: overview of the disease
Scabies is a skin disease caused by the infestation caused by a microscopic parasite, scabies mite. A high degree of infectiousness of scabies is explained by the short time interval of the introduction of the itch mite into the human skin. This interval is only 15-20 minutes.
The infestation of scabies almost always happens in a long-term direct skin to skin contact. It can be transferred from one person to another when they sleep together in one bed, in intimacy, in children’s plays, in contact sports, and so on. There is also a very low chance of getting scabies from the bed sheets on which an infected person slept.
The manifestation of the disease is noticeable when the allergic reaction to the parasite’s waste products develops. There can be a long symptomless period after infestation up to four weeks. People with AIDS sometimes do not develop the symptoms at all until it the severe skin damage is visible.
A typical but not obligatorily occurring symptom of the condition is itchy skin that intensifies in the night. Then, the rash occurs. If the rash is scratched off, purulent pimples are added and crusts are formed.
The scratching of the rashes commonly leads to the secondary infection attachment and the development of pustules (purulent pimples).
The first places where the rash is developed is the spaces between the fingers, on the wrists, in men, the infection promptly is spread from the palms to the penis and scrotum. Then it spreads to elbows, feet, armpits, and further. Eventually, the whole skin can get infected if the treatment isn’t made timely. However, the face and scalp are usually not affected but in children younger than three years these areas are also affected.
The diagnosis of scabies is made contingent on clinical manifestations, epidemiological data, and laboratory methods of examination.
If you suffer from pruritus (itching of the skin), scabies is what you should be tested for in the first place especially if itching has also occurred in other family members or in an organized collective.
The treatment of the disease is made with skincare drugs for scabies that kills the pathogen. You can buy scabies drug from our online pharmacy without a prescription.
Skincare drugs we offer
At our online pharmacy we offer you to buy skincare drugs for the treatment of acne:
- Generic Accutane or Isotretinoin made by Cipla. It is an oral medication based on vitamin A that is used for the treatment of severe acne which is unsusceptible to antibiotics and hormonal treatment. It is used to cure acne and prevent scarring. However, the medication is strictly contraindicated to be during pregnancy and if a woman uses it, she must use reliable contraception methods to avoid getting pregnant while using the drug.
- Bactroban or Mupirocin ointment made by Glaxo Smith Kline. It is a topical antibacterial and bactericidal agent of a wide spectrum of action for external application in skin infections, including acne caused by infection or acne with secondary infection.
- Retin-A based on Tretinoin made by Johnson and Johnson is an ointment for topical use in acne based on the vitamin A. It is used for acne vulgaris, comedones, papules, pustules, and nodular cystic skin elastosis. It prevents scarring from acne.
We also offer other skincare drugs:
- Benoquin ointment with the active agent Monobenzone made by MAC Labs is used to even the skin color in vitiligo. It brightens the unaffected areas to even the borders of the vitiligo-affected skin areas.
- Elimite ointment based on Permethrin is used for scabies. The same active substance is used also to get rid of lice but the ointment is effective mostly again the skin mite.
We offer you to buy skincare drugs without a prescription but recommend you to get a proper diagnosis and consult a skin specialist first before you start using any medication.